Lucille Inge Hill
b. 13 August 1894, d. 4 June 1927
- Father: John Robert Hill b. September 1849, d. 12 June 1901
- Mother: Maclin Alice Caldwell b. 24 September 1855, d. 17 February 1931
- Lucille Inge Hill was born on 13 August 1894 in Eutaw, Greene County, Alabama.
- John Robert Hill and Maclin Alice Caldwell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama, at 529 South 26th Street. Other members of the household included Lucille Inge Hill. Also in the household were children Eliza Epes (age 20), Virginia (15), Alice (11), Mary (9), Grace (3) and John Jr. (1), not yet recorded.
- Lucille Inge Hill appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Shelby County, Tennessee, at Edward Avenue near the city of Memphis, living with her sister Virginia Soderstrum.
- She married Joseph Goree Wren, son of Powhatan Sampson Wren and Martha Campbell, on 2 May 1921 in Manhattan, New York.
- Her husband Joseph Goree Wren became a widower at her death.
- At the time of her death Lucille Inge Hill was living in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas, at 1619 Washington Avenue.
- Lucille Inge Hill died on 4 June 1927 at age 32 in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas, at St. Joseph's Infirmary . Her death was officially witnessed by Joseph Goree Wren.
- She was interred at Trinity Episcopal Cemetery, Galveston, Texas.
- The following appeared on 5 June 1927 in the Galveston Daily News: Funeral services for Mrs. Lucille Wren, wife of Joseph G. Wren of Fort Worth, who died in Fort Worth yesterday, will be held this morning in Galveston on the arrival of the Santa Fe train at 9:15 o'clock. Interment will be in the Episcopal Cemetery, with Rev. Raimundo De Ovies, rector of Trinity Episcopal Church, officiating. The pallbearers are: Archibald R. Campbell, Dr. George T. Lee, Bryan K. Goree of Fort Worth, Asa L. Crow, Alexander T. Barclay and Frank B. French. Mr. Wren is a son of Mrs. Mattie C. Wren of Galveston.
- Last Edited: 18 Jun 2016