John Robert Hill
b. September 1849, d. 12 June 1901
- Father: Robert Wade Hill b. circa 1811, d. 25 August 1863
- Mother: Elizabeth Epps Murphy b. circa 1814, d. 26 October 1878
- John Robert Hill was born in September 1849 in Alabama.
- His name was recorded as Charles in the death record of his daughter Lucille.
- He married Maclin Alice Caldwell on 19 March 1877 in Carthage, Greene County, Alabama.
- John Robert Hill and Maclin Alice Caldwell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama, at 529 South 26th Street. Other members of the household included Lucille Inge Hill. Also in the household were children Eliza Epes (age 20), Virginia (15), Alice (11), Mary (9), Grace (3) and John Jr. (1), not yet recorded.
- He was employed as a bookkeeper at an iron furnace, according to the 1900 census.
- John Robert Hill died on 12 June 1901 at age 51 in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama.
- Last Edited: 14 Feb 2013