Marshall Albert Ramsdell
b. 4 April 1887, d. 22 February 1954
- Father: Charles H. Ramsdell b. 21 February 1842, d. 13 July 1903
- Mother: Augusta Fredonia Halley b. 24 November 1850, d. 19 August 1918
- Marshall Albert Ramsdell was born on 4 April 1887 in Salado, Bell County, Texas.
- He was known as Albert.
- Charles H. Ramsdell and Augusta Fredonia Halley appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Brazoria County, Texas. Other members of the household included Marshall Albert Ramsdell, Charles William Ramsdell, Robert Leroy Ramsdell, Frederick Lee Ramsdell and Alice Emma Ramsdell.
- The following appeared on 30 July 1911 in the Dallas Morning News: S. L. Pinckney of Austin, manager of the Texas University football team. . . "The men will begin to report about the middle of September. Wasmund has been retained as coach and Billy Disch will be trainer. We will probably increase our coaching staff for the early weeks. Marshall Ramsdell, brother of the world famous sprinter, has been selected as captain. At present the outlook for the teem seems to be very bright. . . ."
- The following appeared on 24 December 1911 in the Dallas Morning News: Fred ("Texas") Ramsdell, famous as a sprinter and football star was in Dallas yesterday, stopping here on his way to Austin, where he will spend the holidays with his family. Fred Ramsdell broke records first at the University of Texas and later went to Pennsylvania where he played on the Football team and was sent to Europe for a tour with a track team from that school. In England, Germany and France Ramsdell competed with world famous runners. He was in Dallas with his brother, Bob Ramsdell, who also played on the University of Texas football teams and is now a medical student at Galveston. This is the first time Fred Ramsdell has been home in nearly three years and he expresses great pleasure at being back in the State, saying that it looks better to him than any other country. He is now coach in Football, track and basket ball at the Carnegie Institute of Technology in Pittsburg. He comes of a family all of whom are excellent athletes, is brother Marshall having been captain of the Univeristy of Texas football team during the past season. His sister also won her letter at the University of Texas, playing on the girls' basket ball team.
- He married Evelyn Lenz, daughter of Conrad Lenz and Henrike (?), circa 1917.
- Marshall Albert Ramsdell registered for the draft on 5 June 1917 in Coleman County, Texas, while living in Santa Ana and employed as a physician and surgeon.
- He was a veteran of World War I, according to the 1930 census..
- Marshall Albert Ramsdell and Evelyn Lenz appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Eagle Pass, Maverick County, Texas, at Main Street.
- He was a physician and surgeon, according to the 1920 census.
- Marshall Albert Ramsdell and Evelyn Lenz appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Alamo Heights, Bexar County, Texas, at 406 Harrison Avenue. Other members of the household included William Halley Ramsdell, Conrad Lenz and Henrike (?)
- He was a physician. according to the 1930 census.
- Marshall Albert Ramsdell died on 22 February 1954 at age 66 in Bexar County, Texas.
- His wife Evelyn Lenz became a widow at his death.
- Last Edited: 22 Feb 2012