b. 24 May 1811, d. 18 April 1855
- Father: John William Sadler b. circa 1785
- John Sadler was born on 24 May 1811 in Tennessee.
- He married Barsheba Lindley, daughter of Samuel Washington Lindley and Elizabeth Whitley, on 17 November 1830 in Shelby County, Illinois.
- John Sadler sold to Samuel Washington Lindley 420.25 acres of his headright league in Walker County, sometime prior to 1848. This parcel subsequently was conveyed to William Nathan Lindley.
- By deed dated 19 February 1849 in Walker County, Texas, John Sadler of Walker County sold to William Nathan Lindley of Walker County, for the sum of $150, 96.2 acres of his headright league in Walker County. Recorded 19 March 1849, notary public John S. Besser.
- John Sadler and Barsheba Lindley appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Walker County, Texas. Other members of the household included James Caine Sadler, Sarah Sadler, Samuel Lewis Sadler, Elizabeth Sadler, Richard Henry Sadler, Mary Sadler and Robert Sadler.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1850 census.
- On Monday, 19 August 1850, Green Wood recorded in his plantation daily account book: "[With seven hands otherwise employed.] the balance of the hands pulled fodder at Sadler's, Collard's & Kelton's on shares."
- Green Wood purchased from Israel Allphin 26.10 acres in the Joseph Lindley Survey, 640 acres less 164.5 acres reserved for Davis Bays in the John Hostetter Survey, 116 acres in the John Sadler Survey, and 81.90 acres in the Rodney Hostetter Survey, all for $400, general warranty deed dated 7 March 1853, recorded in Montgomery County, Texas, on 29 March 1853.
- John Sadler died on 18 April 1855 at age 43 in Limestone County, Texas.
- He was interred at Ferguson Cemetery, Oletha, Limestone County, Texas.
- John Sadler and Barsheba Lindley appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Limestone County, Texas. Other members of the household included Martha B. Sadler.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1880 census.
- In the 1880 census, John and Barsheba Lindley Sadler's children James, Robert and John, and other family members, were enumerated in close proximinity in Limestone County.
- Last Edited: 2 Dec 2011