b. 18 July 1828, d. 19 September 1863
- Caroline Womack was born on 18 July 1828 in Alabama.
- She married Peter James Willis, son of (?) Willis, on 21 January 1845 in Montgomery County, Texas.
- Peter James Willis and Caroline Womack appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Montgomery County, Texas, living next to Peter's brother Richard.. Other members of the household included William Henry Willis, Peter James Willis and Mary Ellen Willis.
- Caroline Womack died on 19 September 1863 at age 35 in Belton, Bell County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 2 October 1863 in The Tri-Weekly Telegraph: Mrs. Caroline Willis, wife of P. J. Willis, departed this life on the 19th instant, at Belton, in her 36th year. She was fully prepared to die, and hailed death as a welcome messenger to relieve her of her sufferings of a lingering disease, which had preyed upon her for more than four years; and though she died among strangers, she had every attention shown her that a kind people could give, and her friends will ever feel grateful to them, for their kindness to her in her last illness; also to the citizens, of Salado, Lampassas and Seguin, for the many favors shown her, whilst she was traveling through the country, trying to regain her health. Her prayer was answered by the arrival of her husband, some fifteen hours before she expired. Her remains were romoved to montgomery for Interrment.-- She leaves a husband and six children to mourn her loss.
- Last Edited: 8 Jan 2011
Family: Peter James Willis b. 26 March 1815, d. 25 November 1873
- William Henry Willis+ b. 7 December 1845, d. 16 May 1888
- Peter James Willis b. 8 November 1847, d. 31 October 1912
- Mary Ellen Willis+ b. 26 November 1849, d. circa 12 December 1921
- Tabitha Ann Willis b. 26 February 1852, d. 17 August 1864
- Magnolia A. Willis b. 15 June 1854, d. 8 November 1933
- Caroline Willis+ b. 27 December 1857, d. 6 January 1899