James Irby Burch
b. 16 March 1824, d. 12 November 1883
- Father: John Burch b. 30 May 1776, d. 8 June 1837
- Mother: Elizabeth Wright b. 27 March 1785, d. 1 July 1858
- James Irby Burch was born on 16 March 1824 in Montgomery County, Alabama.
- He married Jeannette Mitchell, daughter of William Mitchell and Martha Hill, circa 1843, and James' sister Rebecca married Jeannette's cousin John W. Mitchell.
- The marriage may well have been the one recorded in Harris County, 15 May 1843, for "Joseph" Burch and Henrietta J. Mitchell.
- James Irby Burch and Jeannette Mitchell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Montgomery County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Florence E. Burch, Jane M. Burch, Red Augustus Burch and Antoinette Burch.
- He was a planter, according to the 1850 census.
- James Irby Burch died on 12 November 1883 at age 59 in Montgomery County, Alabama.
- Last Edited: 10 May 2009