Irving Elliot Norton
b. 25 October 1879, d. 25 August 1957
- Father: Francis Henry Norton b. 13 December 1848, d. 10 June 1926
- Mother: Sarah Adelia Welch b. circa 15 February 1856, d. 5 December 1882
- Irving Elliot Norton was born on 25 October 1879 in Dodge County, Wisconsin.
- He married Almira Tuttle, daughter of Lewis Sheldon Tuttle and Elmira Hodge, on 17 June 1901 in Auburn, Fon du Lac County, Wisconsin, and on the same day, Irving's brother Robert married Almira's sister Adelaide.
- Irving Elliot Norton and Almira Tuttle appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Shorewood, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, at 4475 North Cramer. Other members of the household included E. Caroline Hulon and Harriet Ann Zimmerman.
- He was employed as an automatic machine operator by a battery-radio parts manufacturer, according to the 1940 census.
- Irving Elliot Norton became a widower at the 19 June 1947 death of his wife Almira Tuttle.
- The following appeared on 20 June 1947 in The Milwaukee Journal: Mrs. Almira Norton, 65, a Milwaukee county resident for 43 years, died Thursday at her home, 4475 N. Cramer st., following a brief illness. She formerly lived near Campbellsport, Wis.
Mrs. Norton was a charter member of the Shorewood Presbyterian church, a member of the Shorewood Band Mothers' club and a former member of the Royal Neighbors of America.
She is survived by her husband, Irving E; a son, Harry; a step-daughter, Mrs. Pearl Davis, and a sister, Mrs. William Warmbler, all of Milwaukee, and two brothers, Earl Tuttle and Ransom Tuttle, both of Fond du Lac.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Shorewood Presbyterian church, E. Kenmore pl. and N. Oakland av. Burial will be in Graceland cemetery. The body will be at the Fass funeral home, 3601 N. Oakland av., until 9 a.m.
- Irving Elliot Norton died on 25 August 1957 at age 77 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin.
- He was interred at Graceland Cemetery, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- The following appeared on 26 August 1957 in The Milwaukee Journal: Irving E. Norton, 77, of 4473 N. Cramer st., Shorewood, a retired machine operator, died Sunday at Columbia hospital after a stroke.
Mr. Norton lived in Shorewood 40 years. He was employed by Globe-Union, Inc., 17 years before retiring nine years ago.
Mr. Norton was a charter member and a deacon of North Shore Presbyterian church. He also was a member of Shorewood Masonic lodge, the Modern Woodmen of America and the Square M club at Globe-Union.
A son, Harry E., is the only immediate survivor.
Services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Fass funeral home, 3601 N. Oakland av., Shorewood. Burial will be in Graceland cemetery.
- Last Edited: 17 Jul 2017