Anna Elizabeth Hacker
b. 30 October 1876, d. 3 April 1900
- Father: Francis Beckmann Hacker b. 6 August 1836, d. 21 June 1915
- Mother: Anna Maria Herbert b. 8 January 1837, d. 27 April 1900
- Anna Elizabeth Hacker was born on 30 October 1876 in Charleston, South Carolina.
- She was known as Bessie.
- Francis Beckmann Hacker and Anna Maria Herbert appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Charleston, South Carolina, at 60 Alexander Street. Other members of the household included Anna Elizabeth Hacker, Francis Herbert Hacker, John Louis Hacker, Christopher Gadsden Hacker and Ellen Josephine Hacker.
- She married Clarence Dotterer Schirmer on 9 August 1899 in Charleston, South Carolina, at Grace Church, with the Rev. William H. Campbell, D.D., officiating.
- The following appeared on 18 August 1899 in The News & Courier: [Married] On August 9, 1899, at Grace Church, by the Rev. William H. Campbell, D. D., Clarence Dotterer Schirmer and Anna Elizabeth, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. F. B. Hacker.
- Anna Elizabeth Hacker died on 3 April 1900 at age 23 in Charleston, New York, at 113 Ashley Avenue of complications of pregnancy.
- Her husband Clarence Dotterer Schirmer became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Magnolia Cemetery, Charleston, New York.
- The following appeared on 3 April 1900 in The News & Courier: Died this morning, Mrs. Clarence D. Schermer. Funeral notice later.
- The following appeared on 4 April 1900 in The News & Courier: Died Tuesday morning, April 3, Anna Elizabeth Schirmer, daughter of Francis B. Hacker and wife of Clarence D. Schirmer.
Their Relatives and Friends are invited to attend her Funeral Services, at Grace Church, this afternoon at half-past 4 o'clock.
- Last Edited: 30 Jun 2015