Anna Maria Herbert
b. 8 January 1837, d. 27 April 1900
- Anna Maria Herbert was born on 8 January 1837 in South Carolina.
- She married Francis Beckmann Hacker, son of George S. Hacker and Anna Maria Butler, circa 1860.
- George S. Hacker and Anna Maria Butler appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Charleston, South Carolina. Other members of the household included Anna Maria Herbert, Francis Beckmann Hacker. Also in the household were children Edward (age 18), Josephine (13), Georgiana (11), and James G. (7), as well as Eliza Butler (72) and Sarah Jane Butler (52), likely Anna's mother and sister.
- Francis Beckmann Hacker and Anna Maria Herbert appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Charleston, South Carolina, at 60 Alexander Street. Other members of the household included Francis Herbert Hacker, John Louis Hacker, Christopher Gadsden Hacker, Ellen Josephine Hacker and Anna Elizabeth Hacker.
- Her husband Francis Beckmann Hacker became a widower at her death.
- Anna Maria Herbert died on 27 April 1900 at age 63.
- She was interred at Magnolia Cemetery, Charleston, South Carolina.
- The following appeared on 28 April 1900 in The News & Courier: The relatives and Friends of Mr. and Mrs. Francis B. Hacker are invited to attend the Funeral Services of the latter this (Saturday) afternoon, at Grace Church, at 5 o'clock.
- Last Edited: 30 Jun 2015
Family: Francis Beckmann Hacker b. 6 August 1836, d. 21 June 1915
- Francis Herbert Hacker b. 10 December 1861, d. 31 March 1901
- Thomas Edward Hacker b. 28 February 1866, d. 4 July 1866
- John Louis Hacker b. 26 November 1868, d. 30 June 1933
- Christopher Gadsden Hacker+ b. 3 August 1873, d. 13 February 1953
- Anna Elizabeth Hacker b. 30 October 1876, d. 3 April 1900
- Ellen Josephine Hacker+ b. 18 February 1878, d. 7 May 1971
- (?) Hacker b. circa November 1881