James Turner Morehead
b. 28 October 1906, d. 23 March 1988
- Father: Albert Hodges Morehead b. 22 May 1852, d. 23 January 1922
- Mother: Bianca Noa b. 23 May 1874, d. 27 July 1945
- James Turner Morehead was born on 28 October 1906 in Chattanooga, Hamilton County, Tennessee.
- The following appeared on 24 January 1922 in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: (Waco, Jan. 24) Albert Hodges Morehead, 70, of Waco, teacher of voice, son of the late James Turner Morehead, former Governor of Kentucky, died here last night. He was born in the gubernatorial mansion at Frankfort, Ky. He is survived by his wife and two sons, James T. and Alfred H., both of Lexington Ky.
- He married Lucia M. Pegues, daughter of Elbert Sanders Pegues and Ellen Josephine Hacker.
- James Turner Morehead and Lucia M. Pegues appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in New York City, New York, at 303 East 70th Street.
- He was a musician with a studio, according to the 1940 census.
- The SSDI lists Brooklyn, Kings County, New York, as the last residence of record of James Turner Morehead.
- His wife Lucia M. Pegues became a widow at his death.
- James Turner Morehead died on 23 March 1988 at age 81.
- Last Edited: 31 Jul 2015