b. 21 July 1926, d. 1 November 2001
- Father: Oscar Reece b. 8 October 1897, d. 18 February 1988
- Mother: Addie Lou Campbell b. 27 August 1897, d. 9 February 1980
- Froncell Reece was born on 21 July 1926 in Montgomery County, Texas.
- Oscar Reece and Addie Lou Campbell appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included Froncell Reece, Aonzo Reece and Elvis Ray Reece.
- Oscar Reece and Addie Lou Campbell appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Montgomery County, Texas, enumerated next to Addie's father Ben Campbell, who appears to have been their landlord.. Other members of the household included Froncell Reece, Aonzo Reece, Elvis Ray Reece and Mercy Diane Reece. Also in the household was niece Emmy Williams. Oscar also was enumerated in the household of his sister Mildred in Galveston in 1940.
- Froncell Reece died on 1 November 2001 at age 75 in Texas.
- He was interred at Golden Gate Cemetery, Conroe, Montgomery County, Texas.
- Froncell Reece worked for thirty years in the Conroe Independent School District, teaching math and vocational agriculture. He also was a coach at Washington High School, leading the Bulldogs to the state football championship. He organized the city’s Pee Wee Football League and also served as a scoutmaster for the Boy Scouts. As president for two years of the Conroe Friendly City Kiwanis, Reece, who died in 2001, helped found the Reading is Fundamental program still in operation today at four Conroe elementary schools. As a result, the organization donates 10,000 books a year and each student in those schools receives three new books each year to keep. He also was a lifetime member of the Montgomery Fair Association and numerous other organizations and was honored by the state of Texas in 2002 for his contributions to the community. The Froncell Reece Memorial Gateway to the city of Conroe was dedicated in his honor in June 2009.
- Last Edited: 23 Oct 2013