Florence Edna Schmermund
b. 7 July 1895, d. June 1990
- Father: William Frederick Schmermund b. circa 14 December 1864, d. circa 6 June 1934
- Mother: Margaret Jane Meyer b. 7 March 1870, d. 16 December 1918
- Florence Edna Schmermund was born on 7 July 1895 in Illinois.
- She was known as Edna.
- William Frederick Schmermund and Margaret Jane Meyer appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in St. Louis, Missouri, at 2821 Ranshenbach Avenue. Other members of the household included Florence Edna Schmermund, Anna Imogene Schmermund, Caroline Josephine Schmermund, Cecille May Schmermund, Ethel Schmermund and Mildred Schmermund.
- William Frederick Schmermund and Margaret Jane Meyer appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in St. Louis, Missouri, at 4955 Eastern Avenue. Other members of the household included Florence Edna Schmermund, Caroline Josephine Schmermund, Cecille May Schmermund, Ethel Schmermund, Mildred Schmermund, Newton William Schmermund, Margaret Vera Schmermund, Charles Schmermund and Virginia Ruth Schmermund.
- Florence Edna Schmermund appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Jonesboro, Craighead County, Arkansas, at 508 Monroe Avenue. Other members of the household included Ethel Schmermund, Margaret Vera Schmermund, Virginia Ruth Schmermund and Helen Adele Schmermund.
- She was employed as a saleslady in a retail drygoods establishment, according to the 1920 census.
- The following appeared on 11 April 1921 in the Jonesboro Evening Sun: A pretty wedding was solemnized Saturday evening at 8:30 oclock at the home of Rev. and Mrs. J. M. Hughey on South Main Street, when Miss Ethel Schmermund became the bride of Guy Copeland. Rev. Hughey, pastor of the First Methodist Church, officiated, using the impressive ring ceremony, in the presence of his family and Miss Edna Schmermund, sister of the bride. For the occasion the bride wore a becoming suit of blue tricotine with matching hat. She is an accomplished and popular young woman. Her father resides near Weiner. She has spent the past few years in this city and has a large circle of friends here. The groom is the son of Mrs. Willis Copeland, is an employee of the American Express Company and is a splendid young business man. Immediately following the ceremony, Mr. and Mrs. Copeland went to their home, 1003 West Oak Avenue, which had previously been furnished by the groom.
- She married Robert L. McCain, son of W. L. McCain, on 19 April 1922 in Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee, with Dr. C. H. Williamson officiating.
- The following appeared on 4 May 1922 in the Jonesboro Evening Sun: Mr. and Mrs. W. L. McCain of West Matthews Avenue received announcement this morning of the marriage of their son, Robert L. McCain to Miss Edna Scheermund. Both are residents of Memphis and both formerly resided in Jonesboro. The wedding occurred at the Presbyterian Manse in Memphis, Rev. C. H. Williamson, officiating. The groom is with the city engineering department in Memphis and is a promising young business man. The bride is a popular young woman. Both have many friends in Jonesboro, who will extend congratulations. Mr. and Mrs. McCain are at home in Memphis.
- The following appeared on 4 May 1922 in the Jonesboro Daily Tribune: The marriage of Miss Edna Schmurman and Robert McCain was solemnized at Memphis, Tenn., April 29th, by Dr. C. H. Williamson of the First Presbyterian Church, at his home, using the ring ceremony. Only a few close friends and relatives were present. After the ceremony they left for their home at 637 which the groom had already beautifully finished. They will e at home to their friends after May 15th. Mrs. McCain was formerly of Jonesboro, where she was very popular among her friends. Robert McCain is the son of Mr. and Mrs. W. L. McCain of 643 West Matthews avenue.
- Robert L. McCain and Florence Edna Schmermund appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Little Rock, Pulaski County, Arkansas, at Prospect.
- Florence Edna Schmermund died in June 1990 at age 94.
- Last Edited: 21 Oct 2011