Austin May Williams
b. circa 1830, d. 1869
- Father: Samuel May Williams b. 4 October 1795, d. 13 September 1858
- Mother: Sarah Patterson Scott b. 7 December 1807, d. 31 August 1860
- Austin May Williams was born circa 1830 in Alabama.
- Samuel May Williams and Sarah Patterson Scott appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Galveston, Texas, enumerated next to Michel and Rebecca Menard.. Other members of the household included Austin May Williams, Joseph Victoria Williams, Mary Dorothea Williams, Caroline Lucy Williams, Samuel May Williams Jr. and William Howell Williams.
- He married Mary Anna Adams say 1855.
- Austin May Williams and Mary Anna Adams appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Bastrop, Bastrop County, Texas, Note that Sarah Williams, her son William and wife Eddie were enumerated twice in 1860, in Galveston (actual date 15 July) and in Bastrop (actual date 3 September). Apparently they joined Austin Williams there during late summer of 1860.. Other members of the household included Sarah Williams, Ann Eliza Williams and Sarah Patterson Scott.
- He was a saw miller, according to the 1860 census, but probably an error related to confusing "sawyer" with "lawyer."
- Austin May Williams died in 1869 in Caldwell, Burleson County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 5 Mar 2012