Bessie Clark Campbell
b. 22 February 1876, d. 10 February 1881
- Father: Archibald Rowland Campbell b. 8 May 1841, d. 1 May 1920
- Mother: Alice Lee Matthews b. 31 August 1848, d. 18 January 1928
- Bessie Clark Campbell was born on 22 February 1876 in Texas.
- Archibald Rowland Campbell and Alice Lee Matthews appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Galveston, Texas, at ?471? East Broadway. Other members of the household included Bessie Clark Campbell, Alice Lee Campbell, Flora McQueen Campbell, Maud M. Campbell, Sarah Wiggins Campbell and Samuel Williams Campbell. Nephew Sam Campbell is the brother of Mary and Nannie Campbell found in the nearby 1880 household of Archibald's brother Clark, all children of Archibald's brother Marcus.
- Bessie Clark Campbell died on 10 February 1881 at age 4 in Galveston County, Texas.
- She was interred at Trinity Episcopal Cemetery, Galveston, Texas.
- The following appeared on 13 February 1881 in the Galveston Daily News: Mortuary Report. The following deaths are reported by Dr. Clark Campbell, health physician, for the week ending February 11: . . . February 10-- Bessie Clark Campbell, 4 years and 11 months, scarlet fever. . .
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of Flora McQueen Campbell and Bessie Clark Campbell.
- Last Edited: 16 Feb 2013