b. 26 September 1880, d. 14 April 1934
- William Bauer was born on 26 September 1880 in New York City, New York.
- The following appeared on 28 June 1910 in The Montgomery Advertiser: The home of Mr. and Mrs. George Marks on South Perry street, was the scene of a party on Monday evening, when they entertained informally in honor of their daughter, Miss Hettie Marks and Mr. William Bauer, whose marriage will be a brilliant social event of today.
The guests included only the bridal party, the relatives, and the choir of St. John's Episcopal church, of which Miss Marks is one of the most popular members.
The decorations of the home were most attractive. . . .
The wine table was presided over by Mrs. Burwell Boykin. A refreshing ice course was served. About forty guests enjoyed the evening.
- He married Hettie Marks, daughter of George Mathews Marks and Hettie Minor Lockett, on 28 June 1910 in Montgomery County, Alabama.
- The following appeared on 3 December 1914 in The Montgomery Advertiser: Mrs. Minnie Fish Griffin, of Chicago, Mrs. Fannie Marks Siebels and Mr. William Bauer will give a "Puccini Hour" Friday at 12 o'clock at the Margaret Boot School.
- William Bauer died on 14 April 1934 at age 53 in New London, New London County, Connecticut.
- His wife Hettie Marks became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Greenwood Cemetery, Montgomery, Alabama.
- Last Edited: 10 Jul 2014