b. April 1868
- Father: Horatio White Fisher b. 10 July 1827, d. 18 January 1906
- Mother: Sallie Comer Abercrombie b. 10 January 1845, d. 1 January 1929
- Marion Fisher was born in April 1868 in Texas.
- Horatio White Fisher and Sallie Comer Abercrombie appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Huntsville PO, Walker County, Texas. Other members of the household included Marion Fisher, Mary Rugeley Fisher. Also in the household was one Prussian male domestic servant.
- Horatio White Fisher and Sallie Comer Abercrombie appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Walker County, Texas, and cousin William Tinsley, age 20, whose origins are ot yet known.. Other members of the household included Marion Fisher, Sally Comer Fisher, William Phillips Fisher, Emily Jane Fisher and Ella Lorenzo Fisher.
- Lorenzo Clarke Fisher and Eliza Elliott Scott appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Galveston, Texas. Other members of the household included Marion Fisher, Laura Lewis Fisher, Ella Scott Fisher and Lorenzo Clarke Fisher. Also in the household was one female boarder.
- She officially witnessed the death of Sallie Comer Abercrombie on 1 January 1929 at 2928 Avenue North 1/2 in Galveston, Texas; at her residence, according to her death certificate, but 1930 on her cemetery marker.
- The following appeared on 3 January 1929 in The Galveston News: The body of Mrs. Sallie C. Fisher, 82, who died at the home of her daughter, Miss Marion Fisher, 2928 Avenue N-1/2, Tuesday night, was forwarded yesterday morning to New Waverley, Tex., where funeral services and interment will be held.
Mrs. Fisher had been in Galveston the last four years, residing with her daughter. She was the wife of the late Horatio W. Fisher and came to Texas in 1850.
She is survived by four daughters: Mrs. Minnie Fisher Cunningham, women's political leader and a recent candidate for the senate; Miss Marion Fisher, a teacher in the Galveston schools; Mrs. R. M. Traylor and Mrs. A. E. Campbell, both of New Waverley.
- Last Edited: 21 Feb 2012