Ella Lorenzo Fisher
b. 29 March 1879, d. 5 March 1944
- Father: Horatio White Fisher b. 10 July 1827, d. 18 January 1906
- Mother: Sallie Comer Abercrombie b. 10 January 1845, d. 1 January 1929
- Ella Lorenzo Fisher was born on 29 March 1879 in Texas.
- Horatio White Fisher and Sallie Comer Abercrombie appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Walker County, Texas, and cousin William Tinsley, age 20, whose origins are ot yet known.. Other members of the household included Ella Lorenzo Fisher, Marion Fisher, Sally Comer Fisher, William Phillips Fisher and Emily Jane Fisher.
- She married Richard Marion Traylor, son of John Randolph Traylor Jr. and Emily Louise Hardy, circa 1902.
- The following appeared on 3 January 1929 in The Galveston News: The body of Mrs. Sallie C. Fisher, 82, who died at the home of her daughter, Miss Marion Fisher, 2928 Avenue N-1/2, Tuesday night, was forwarded yesterday morning to New Waverley, Tex., where funeral services and interment will be held.
Mrs. Fisher had been in Galveston the last four years, residing with her daughter. She was the wife of the late Horatio W. Fisher and came to Texas in 1850.
She is survived by four daughters: Mrs. Minnie Fisher Cunningham, women's political leader and a recent candidate for the senate; Miss Marion Fisher, a teacher in the Galveston schools; Mrs. R. M. Traylor and Mrs. A. E. Campbell, both of New Waverley.
- Richard Marion Traylor and Ella Lorenzo Fisher appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in New Waverly, Walker County, Texas. Other members of the household included R. Marion Traylor Traylor II and Polly (?)
- Ella Lorenzo Fisher died on 5 March 1944 at age 64 in New Waverly, Walker County, Texas.
- She was interred at Hardy Cemetery, New Waverly, Walker County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 19 Aug 2009