b. 24 April 1869, d. 4 November 1926
- Maria Herovitsch was born on 24 April 1869 in Hungary.
- She was known as Mary in the United States.
- She married Franz Schima, son of Wenzel Schima and Anna (?), circa 1885.
- Because working conditions in the coal mines in the area of Odenburg were very hazardous, Franz Schima and his family migrated to Homberg-Hochheide, Germany, in 1899.
- Franz Schima and Maria Herovitsch arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, on 9 December 1913, accompanied by Caroline Schima, Theresa Schima and Rosa Schima aboard the Campanello in steerage class, from Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- Franz, Maria, Caroline, Theresa and Rose Schima entered the United States at Port Huron, Michigan, from Montreal, Canada, on 15 July 1914.
- Franz Schima and Maria Herovitsch appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Washington, Crawford County, Kansas, living near their daughter Helen Lhotak.. Other members of the household included Rosa Schima.
- Her husband Franz Schima became a widower at her death.
- Maria Herovitsch died on 4 November 1926 at age 57 in Pittsburg, Crawford County, Kansas.
- Her name was recorded as Gregorich in the transcription of her son Frank's death certificate.
- Last Edited: 14 Aug 2009
Family: Franz Schima b. 4 April 1865, d. March 1947
- Maria Schima b. say 1886
- Anna Schima b. circa 1888, d. circa 1889
- Helen Schima+ b. 27 July 1890, d. 7 May 1959
- Frank Edward Schima+ b. 20 March 1894, d. 20 March 1981
- Caroline Schima+ b. 8 November 1896, d. 2 April 1986
- Theresa Schima b. circa 1899
- Johann Schima b. circa 1901, d. circa 1904
- Rosa Schima b. 10 February 1905, d. January 1971