b. 4 April 1865, d. March 1947
- Franz Schima was born on 4 April 1865 in Tabor, Bohemia.
- He was known as Frank after immigration.
- He married Maria Herovitsch circa 1885.
- Because working conditions in the coal mines in the area of Odenburg were very hazardous, Franz Schima and his family migrated to Homberg-Hochheide, Germany, in 1899.
- Franz Schima and Maria Herovitsch arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, on 9 December 1913, accompanied by Caroline Schima, Theresa Schima and Rosa Schima aboard the Campanello in steerage class, from Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- Franz, Maria, Caroline, Theresa and Rose Schima entered the United States at Port Huron, Michigan, from Montreal, Canada, on 15 July 1914.
- Franz Schima and Maria Herovitsch appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Washington, Crawford County, Kansas, living near their daughter Helen Lhotak.. Other members of the household included Rosa Schima.
- He was a coal miner, according to the 1920 census.
- Franz Schima became a widower at the 4 November 1926 death of his wife Maria Herovitsch.
- Franz Schima appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Washington, Crawford County, Kansas. Other members of the household included Joseph Westray and Rosa Schima.
- Following Mary's death, sometime after the 1930 census, Frank moved to Chicago where his son and all of his daughters lived. He spent his remaining years with his daughters Helen Lotak and Caroline Eyman, living in retirement.
- Franz Schima died in March 1947 at age 81.
- Last Edited: 28 Aug 2009
Family: Maria Herovitsch b. 24 April 1869, d. 4 November 1926
- Maria Schima b. say 1886
- Anna Schima b. circa 1888, d. circa 1889
- Helen Schima+ b. 27 July 1890, d. 7 May 1959
- Frank Edward Schima+ b. 20 March 1894, d. 20 March 1981
- Caroline Schima+ b. 8 November 1896, d. 2 April 1986
- Theresa Schima b. circa 1899
- Johann Schima b. circa 1901, d. circa 1904
- Rosa Schima b. 10 February 1905, d. January 1971