Hulda Mary Horton
b. February 1887, d. 4 August 1928
- Father: Robert Lionel Horton b. 17 August 1856, d. 6 October 1889
- Mother: Hulda Augusta Boyd b. March 1858
- Hulda Mary Horton was born in February 1887 in Pleasant Ridge, Greene County, Alabama.
- Hulda Augusta Boyd appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama, at 2217 Eighth Avenue. Other members of the household included Hulda Mary Horton, Eliza A. Horton, Frederick Horton and Isaac Gayle Horton.
- Hulda Mary Horton appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama, boarding in the household of James and Sallie Vann.
- She was a city school teacher, according to the 1910 census.
- She married James Richard Rutland, son of John Blake Rutland and Eugenia Agnes Askew, on 22 June 1910 in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama.
- James Richard Rutland registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Lee County, Alabama, while living with his wife Hulda in Auburn, and teaching there at Alabama Polytechnic Institute.
- James Richard Rutland and Hulda Mary Horton appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Auburn, Lee County, Alabama. Other members of the household included James Richard Rutland Jr., Robert Horton Rutland, Hulda Rutland and Frances Susan Rutland.
- Hulda Mary Horton died on 4 August 1928 at age 41 in Montgomery, Alabama.
- Her husband James Richard Rutland became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Pine Hill Cemetery, Auburn, Lee County, Alabama.
- Last Edited: 25 Jul 2014