Dennis Meral Rattan
b. 5 October 1923, d. 2 August 2000
- Dennis Meral Rattan was born on 5 October 1923 in Quitaque, Briscoe County, Texas.
- He enlisted in the US Army on 25 June 1943, in Lubbock, Texas. At the time of his enlistment he was married and residing in Donley County, Texas.
- He married Jacqueline Sue Fundis, daughter of Laurie Josiah Fundis and Leola Frances Stuemky.
- Dennis Meral Rattan died on 2 August 2000 at age 76 in Dennard, Van Buren County, Arkansas.
- He was interred at Dennard Cemetery, Dennard, Van Buren County, Arkansas.
- The following appeared on 10 August 2000 in The Clarendon Enterprise: Funeral services for Dennis Meral Rattan, age 76, were held at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday August 5, 2000, at Dennard, Arkansas, with Mace Straubel officiating. Burial was held in Dennard Cementary under direction of The Roller Funeral Home.
Dennis died August 2, 2000, in Dennard, Arkansas. He was born October 5, 1923, in Quitaque, Texas. He was resident most of his life in Clarendon, Texas, before moving to Dennard. He owned a business in Clarendon servicing radios and TV’s. He was a veteran of the US Army in World War II. He was Past President of Clarendon Lions Club.
He was preceded in death by his father, Meral Rattan, and his mother, Roeda Rattan.
Survivors include his wife, Jackie Rattan of Dennard; two sons, Ronnie Rattan and Pam of Austin, Texas, and Kent Rattan and Nicki of Frederick, MD; two sisters, Annese Bennett and Carl, of Tulsa, OK, and Bernese Moreland and Tack of Lowell, AR; one brother John and Melanie of Clarendon, Texas; one sister Sybil (Rattan) Jones of Clarendon, Texas; a niece, Charlotte and Bob Paul of Edinboroh, PA; and a nephew, Rickey and Mary Ann Rattan of Clarendon; six grandchildren, Brandon and Jessica of Austin and Sean, Julia, Elizabeth, and Claire of Frederick, MD; and lots of nieces, nephews, and friends.
- Last Edited: 23 Dec 2016