Laurie Josiah Fundis
b. 12 August 1910, d. 18 August 1992
- Laurie Josiah Fundis was born on 12 August 1910 in Colorado.
- He was known as Si.
- He married Leola Frances Stuemky, daughter of Frank Rufus Stuemky and Nellie Pearl Kirby, on 5 June 1935.
- Laurie Josiah Fundis and Leola Frances Stuemky appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Belleville, St. Clair County, Illinois, at 9435 North 85th Street.
- He was employed by a tea company as a production manager, according to the 1940 census..
- The following appeared on 11 September 1940 in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Births Recorded . . . Laurie and Leola Fundis, Belleville, Ill. . . .
- Laurie Josiah Fundis appeared in the 1943 Belleville, Illinois, City Directory at 405 Hazel Avenue listed with Leona F., employed as a manager..
- Laurie Josiah Fundis died on 18 August 1992 at age 82.
- The SSDI lists Dennard, Van Buren County, Arkansas, as the last residence of record of Laurie Josiah Fundis.
- His wife Leola Frances Stuemky became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Dennard Cemetery, Dennard, Van Buren County, Arkansas.
- The following was published online by Clinton Funeral Service: Jacqueline "Jackie" Sue Fundis Rattan, 76, of Dennard, passed away December 19, 2016 in Little Rock, Arkansas. She was born September 3, 1940 in Saint Louis, Missouri to Laurie Josiah and Leola Francis Stuemky Fundis. Jackie was a member of the Leslie United Methodist Church. She loved to be outside, loved tractors and loved animals especially. Jackie worked as a Bookkeeper and Tax Preparer before her retirement.
Left to cherish her memory are her sister Gail Brown of Leslie; significant other of 15 years, Warren Wood of Dennard; nephews Darrin Potter and Clinton Potter; as well as other family and friends.
Jackie was preceded in death by her father, Laurie Josiah Fundis and her mother Leola Francis Stuemky Fundis.
Graveside services will be Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. at Dennard Cemetery with Brother Mike Proctor officiating. Burial will follow in Dennard Cemetery. Pall Bearers are Joel Houseley, Leon Wilson, Darrin Potter, Dennis Pelzer, Jim Adams and Bill Derrickson.
Arrangements entrusted to Clinton Funeral Service. To sign Jackie's Book of Memories, please go to www.clintonfuneralservice.com.
- Last Edited: 31 Dec 2016