Mary Eliza Tinker
b. 30 June 1861, d. 16 March 1911
- Father: John Barton Tinker b. 28 March 1830, d. 9 February 1887
- Mother: Frances Jane Mowry b. 3 April 1834, d. 18 February 1889
- Mary Eliza Tinker was born on 30 June 1861 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York.
- John Barton Tinker and Frances Jane Mowry appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York. Other members of the household included Mary Eliza Tinker, Lydia Madeline Tinker, George Vail Tinker, Florence Adella Tinker, Harriet Mabel Tinker and Henry Augustine Tinker.
- She married John H. Owens, son of Owen Owens and Franziska Gantner, on 19 May 1886 in Plymouth, Chenango County, New York.
- Mary Eliza Tinker died on 16 March 1911 at age 49 in Plymouth, Chenango County, New York.
- Her husband John H. Owens became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Southside Cemetery, Plymouth, Chenango County, New York.
- The following appeared in a local newspaper: Plymouth, April 1.--Mrs. John H. Owens died at her home, March 16, 1911, after a very serious illness. Everything that medical advice and nursing could do failed to bring relief, and she finally succumbed to organic heart disease. Mrs. Owens was born in Plymouth June 30, 1861, and was the second daughter of the late John B. and Frances J. Tinker, both of Plymouth. Her early childhood was spent in Buffalo, N. Y. Her parents returned to Plymouth when she was 11 years of age, where she has since resided. She was a woman of marked ability along many lines, and was a prominent school teacher before her marriage to John H. Owens May 19, 1886. Mrs. Owens joined the M. E. church of Plymouth about twenty-eight years ago. Eight years ago she accepted the views of the Seventh Day Adventists and died strong in the faith and hope of the resurrection. She leaves her husband, seven children, three sisters and one brother to mourn her loss.
- Last Edited: 3 Jul 2015
Family: John H. Owens b. 10 March 1860, d. 4 September 1913
- Joseph Paul Owens+ b. 2 August 1895, d. 7 January 1955