Bulah Mae Bullard
b. 18 April 1912, d. 15 August 1999
- Father: Charles Nathaniel Bullard b. 23 April 1880, d. 12 June 1952
- Mother: Rachel Green b. 6 January 1888, d. 18 October 1950
- Bulah Mae Bullard was born on 18 April 1912 in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas, twin of Eula Faye.
- Charles Nathaniel Bullard and Rachel Green appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas, at 1415 Clinton Avenue. Other members of the household included Bulah Mae Bullard, Virgil Clark Bullard, Eula Faye Bullard, John Benjamin Bullard, Ladd Porter Bullard and James Harold Bullard.
- The following appeared on 7 May 1922 in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: Miss Pauline Green was given a party on her eighth birthday by her mother, Mrs. John Green at her home, 912 West Twelfth Street, on Thursday afternoon.
The guests were Helen Bowles, Allen Glazer, Doris and Marion Litsey, Virgil Bullard, Eula May [sic] and Lula Fay [sic] Bullard, Ella Satters, Aline and Raymond Ray, Sue Miles, Gladys Nelson, Marie Vanners, Walter Smith, Loraine Black, David Bellew, Elizabeth Strange, John Green, Wesley Green, Pauline Green, Bonnie Belle Bonnett, Mmes. M. E. Bullard, Olla [sic] Green and Mr. and Mrs. John Green.
- She married Otto Kempe, son of Frank Kempe and Ida Alwine Menzer, circa 1929.
- Otto Kempe and Bulah Mae Bullard appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas, at 2817 North Commerce. Other members of the household included Homer Lee Kempe and Wayne Gilbert Kempe. Son Homer Lee is identified As Otto M. Kempe, age 10.)
- Bulah Kempe and her sons Homer and Wayne, and her brothers-in-laws Frank and William Kempe, appeared in the 1949 Fort Worth City Directory.
- She married Adam Elroy Evans say 1955.
- She officially witnessed the death of Adam Elroy Evans on 11 December 1972 in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas.
- Bulah Mae Bullard became a widow at the 11 December 1972 death of her husband Adam Elroy Evans.
- Bulah Mae Bullard died on 15 August 1999 at age 87 in Bedford, Tarrant County, Texas.
- She was interred at Moore Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Arlington, Tarrant County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 17 August 1999 in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: (Bedford) Bulah Mae Evans, 87, a homemaker, died Sunday, Aug. 15, 1999, in Bedford.
Funeral: 1 p.m. Wednesday at Arlington Funeral Home in Arlington.
Burial: Moore Memorial Gardens in Arlington. Visitation: 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
Memorials: Arthritis Foundation.
Bulah Mae Evans was born on April 18, 1912, in Fort Worth, Texas.
She was a loving mother and grandmother and will be missed by many.
She was preceded in death by her sister, Eula Faye Stout; brothers, L.P. Bullard, Virgil Bullard and James Bullard; and husbands, Otto Kempe and Adam Evans.
Survivors: Sons, Homer L. Kempe and his wife, Novell, of Richland Hills, Wayne G. Kempe and his wife, Joanne, of Richland Hills, Billy J. Kempe and his wife, Cleta, of Keller and Larry E. Kempe and his wife, Pauline, of Bedford; brother, J.B. Bullard; 14 grandchildren; 33 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren.
- Last Edited: 4 Apr 2016