Wayne Gilbert Kempe
b. 27 April 1931, d. 9 October 2014
- Father: Otto Kempe b. 10 June 1900, d. 30 March 1945
- Mother: Bulah Mae Bullard b. 18 April 1912, d. 15 August 1999
- Wayne Gilbert Kempe was born on 27 April 1931 in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas.
- Otto Kempe and Bulah Mae Bullard appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas, at 2817 North Commerce. Other members of the household included Wayne Gilbert Kempe, Homer Lee Kempe. Son Homer Lee is identified As Otto M. Kempe, age 10.)
- Bulah Kempe and her sons Homer and Wayne, and her brothers-in-laws Frank and William Kempe, appeared in the 1949 Fort Worth City Directory.
- The following appeared on 17 August 1999 in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: (Bedford) Bulah Mae Evans, 87, a homemaker, died Sunday, Aug. 15, 1999, in Bedford.
Funeral: 1 p.m. Wednesday at Arlington Funeral Home in Arlington.
Burial: Moore Memorial Gardens in Arlington. Visitation: 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
Memorials: Arthritis Foundation.
Bulah Mae Evans was born on April 18, 1912, in Fort Worth, Texas.
She was a loving mother and grandmother and will be missed by many.
She was preceded in death by her sister, Eula Faye Stout; brothers, L.P. Bullard, Virgil Bullard and James Bullard; and husbands, Otto Kempe and Adam Evans.
Survivors: Sons, Homer L. Kempe and his wife, Novell, of Richland Hills, Wayne G. Kempe and his wife, Joanne, of Richland Hills, Billy J. Kempe and his wife, Cleta, of Keller and Larry E. Kempe and his wife, Pauline, of Bedford; brother, J.B. Bullard; 14 grandchildren; 33 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren.
- The following appeared on 14 March 2009 in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: (Richland Hills) Homer Kempe, 79, passed away Thursday, March 12, 2009, at home.
Funeral: 11:30 a.m. Monday in Mount Olivet Chapel. Interment: Bluebonnet Hills Memorial Park in Colleyville. Visitation: 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday at Mount Olivet Funeral Home.
Homer was born Jan. 14, 1930, in Fort Worth to Beulah and Otto Kempe. He started working for American Airlines in 1946 and continued working there for 38 years until his retirement. He was a member of Richland Hills Church of Christ.
Survivors: Wife of 61 years, Novell; daughter, Connie Knautz and husband, Dennis, of North Richland Hills; sons, Johnny Kempe of Cisco, Bobby Kempe and wife, Shannon, of Sachse; brothers, Bill Kempe and wife, Cleta, of Keller, Wayne Kempe and wife, Joann, of North Richland Hills and Lawrence Kempe and wife, Pauline, of Bedford; grandchildren, Stephen Kempe, Danny Kempe, Cheryl Tinney and husband, John, Jason Kempe, Travis Kempe and Stephanie Knautz; and several great-grandchildren.
- Wayne Gilbert Kempe died on 9 October 2014 at age 83.
- He was interred at Mount Olivet Cemetery, Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 11 October 2014 in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: Wayne G. Kempe, 83, passed away Thursday, Oct. 9, 2014. Funeral: 1:30 p.m. Monday in Mount Olivet Chapel. Interment: Mount Olivet Cemetery. Visitation: 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Mount Olivet. Wayne was born April 27, 1931, in Fort Worth to the late Otto and Bulah Mae Kempe. He graduated from Tech High School in 1949 and worked as a salesman for Mrs. Baird's Bakery. Wayne worked for American Airlines and retired after 25 years of service. Survivors: Wife of 64 years, Joanne; children, Gale Cooney and husband, Marty, Kay Kempe, Gary Kempe and wife, Denise, and Alan Kempe; many grandchildren and great-grandchildren; brothers, Billy Joe Kempe and Lawrence Kempe; sister-in-law, Novell Kempe.
- Last Edited: 13 Feb 2015