John Alexander Haynie
b. 4 May 1850, d. 12 December 1915
- Father: John Wesley Alexander Haynie b. circa 1812, d. 14 October 1867
- Mother: Parmelia Ann Hargrove b. circa 1824, d. circa 1865
- John Alexander Haynie was born on 4 May 1850 in Washington County, Texas, or 1851.
- John Wesley Alexander Haynie and Parmelia Ann Hargrove appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Chappell Hill, Washington County, Texas, and also Sarah Stewart, age 18.. Other members of the household included John Alexander Haynie, Mary A. Haynie, William K. Haynie, Julia Haynie, Robert Haynie and James Haynie.
- He married Sarah E. McCune, daughter of James Perry McCune and Mary Hanna Doak, on 7 December 1870 in Grimes County, Texas.
- John Alexander Haynie became a widower at the 15 December 1878 death of his wife Sarah E. McCune.
- John Alexander Haynie appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Polk County, Texas.
- John Alexander Haynie died on 12 December 1915 at age 65 in Polk County, Texas.
- He was interred at Big Sandy Cemetery, Dallardsville, Polk County, Texas.
- It seems likely that John Alexander Haynie and Emmett Albert Haynie were closely related, married to sisters Sallie and Annie McCune, and both residents of Grimes County. Perhaps their grandfathers John and Uriah Haynie were brothers. -- Can anyone shed any light on this?
- Last Edited: 4 Aug 2013
Family: Sarah E. McCune b. 8 January 1851, d. 15 December 1878
- Mamie Haynie b. 22 October 1873, d. 8 September 1875
- Beulah Haynie+ b. 5 November 1875, d. 10 April 1955