James Perry McCune
b. 22 July 1820, d. 5 February 1891
- James Perry McCune was born on 22 July 1820 in Virginia.
- He married Mary Hanna Doak, daughter of Robert Doak and Elizabeth Moore, on 23 January 1850 in Perry County, Alabama, with S. M. Nelson, MG, officiating.
- Newlyweds James and Mary McCune have not yet been found in the 1850 census.
- James Perry McCune and Mary Hanna Doak appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Anderson PO, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Sarah E. McCune, Thomas J. McCune, Robert D. McCune and Annie McCune. Also in the household were school teacher A. Smith, age 24, and overseer Thomas Lewis, age 25.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1860 census.
- James Perry McCune and Mary Hanna Doak appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Anderson, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Gabriella McCune, Rufus Ferdinand McCune, Roland M. McCune and Lou Chester McCune.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1880 census.
- James Perry McCune died on 5 February 1891 at age 70.
- His wife Mary Hanna Doak became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Fairview Cemetery, Grimes County, Texas, near Richards.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of James Perry McCune and Mary Hanna Doak . This is in addition to James' original marker erected almost thirty years earlier.
- Last Edited: 19 Dec 2013
Family: Mary Hanna Doak b. 13 January 1832, d. 15 March 1920
- Sarah E. McCune+ b. 8 January 1851, d. 15 December 1878
- Thomas J. McCune+ b. September 1855
- Robert D. McCune+ b. 14 May 1857, d. 13 August 1902
- Annie McCune+ b. 7 March 1859, d. 27 September 1938
- Gabriella McCune+ b. 22 January 1862, d. 14 September 1910
- Rufus Ferdinand McCune+ b. October 1864
- Roland M. McCune b. September 1868
- Lou Chester McCune+ b. 26 August 1871, d. 23 July 1960