Sarah E. McCune
b. 8 January 1851, d. 15 December 1878
- Father: James Perry McCune b. 22 July 1820, d. 5 February 1891
- Mother: Mary Hanna Doak b. 13 January 1832, d. 15 March 1920
- Sarah E. McCune was born on 8 January 1851 in Alabama.
- She was known as Sallie.
- James Perry McCune and Mary Hanna Doak appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Anderson PO, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Sarah E. McCune, Thomas J. McCune, Robert D. McCune and Annie McCune. Also in the household were school teacher A. Smith, age 24, and overseer Thomas Lewis, age 25.
- She married John Alexander Haynie, son of John Wesley Alexander Haynie and Parmelia Ann Hargrove, on 7 December 1870 in Grimes County, Texas.
- Sarah E. McCune died on 15 December 1878 at age 27.
- Her husband John Alexander Haynie became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Fairview Cemetery, Grimes County, Texas, near Richards.
- It seems likely that John Alexander Haynie and Emmett Albert Haynie were closely related, married to sisters Sallie and Annie McCune, and both residents of Grimes County. Perhaps their grandfathers John and Uriah Haynie were brothers. -- Can anyone shed any light on this?
- Last Edited: 2 Aug 2013