b. 31 July 1861, d. 29 April 1940
- Kate Cook was born on 31 July 1861 in Greenville, Butler County, Alabama, or possibly 1860 or 1862. Her age of 12 in the 1870 census is particularly confusing, since it would put her birth before her parents' marriage.
- John Pearson Cook and Anna P. Goodson appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Brenham, Washington County, Texas, and also children Ralf, Minnie, Molly and Howard, and son Robert Cook and wife Beulah living next door, not yet recorded.. Other members of the household included Kate Cook.
- Anna P. Goodson appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia, at 143? Nelson and also children Howard, Robert and Beulah, not yet recorded.. Other members of the household included Kate Cook.
- She married Edmond Daniel Thomas Wooldridge, son of Samuel Dunbar Wooldridge and Catherine Elizabeth McCan, on 7 June 1887.
- Edmond Daniel Thomas Wooldridge and Kate Cook appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Willis, Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included Beulah Louise Wooldridge, Edmond Cook Wooldridge, Anne Velma Wooldridge and Minnie Katherine Wooldridge.
- A photographic portrait of Kate Cook and Edmond Daniel Thomas Wooldridge.
- Kate Cook became a widow at the 20 October 1926 death of her husband Edmond Daniel Thomas Wooldridge.
- Kate Cook died on 29 April 1940 at age 78 in Conroe, Montgomery County, Texas, at her residence. . Her death was officially witnessed by Beulah Louise Wooldridge.
- She was interred at Willis Cemetery, Willis, Montgomery County, Texas.
- Photographs used with permission, from the collection of F. Carlton Cranor, descendant of Dr. Samuel D. Wooldridge.
- Last Edited: 19 Nov 2010