William Henry Garner
b. 22 March 1887, d. 9 January 1936
- Father: (?) Garner b. circa 1860, d. between 1889 and 1896
- Mother: Mahalah J. Hamilton b. circa 1866, d. 1908
- William Henry Garner was born on 22 March 1887 in Booneville, Prentiss County, Mississippi.
- He was known as Will.
- Rush Brevard Wood and Mahalah J. Hamilton appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included William Henry Garner, Katie Bertha Wood, Carrie Brevard Wood, Cornelia LeGrand Wood and Felix Clark Garner.
- He married Carrie Teague, daughter of John D. Teague and Mary Thomas Whitfield, on 1 January 1908 in Grimes County, Texas.
- William Henry Garner and Carrie Teague appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Grimes County, Texas, living next to Carrie's sister Agnes Wood.. Other members of the household included Floyd Boyd Garner.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1910 census.
- Carrie, Will and son Floyd Garner had a photographic portrait made about 1912.
- William Henry Garner registered for the draft on 5 June 1917 in Grimes County, Texas, while living in Richards with his wife and one child, employed there as a farmer, and claiming a crippled arm.
- William Henry Garner and Carrie Teague appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Floyd Boyd Garner and William Henry Garner Jr.
- He was a pipeline laborer, according to the 1920 census.
- Carrie and Will Garner went their separate ways sometime between 1920 and 1930.
- William Henry Garner appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at 6710 Avenue C living in a boarding house operated by J. and Annie Bailey.
- He was a pipe fitter with an oil refinery, according to the 1930 census.
- He married Agnes Gertrude Bullock, daughter of Russell H. Bullock and Hattie E. McClintock, circa 1932.
- William Henry Garner died on 9 January 1936 at age 48 in Waco, McLennan County, Texas, at 1000 South 4th Street at his residence . His death was officially witnessed by Agnes Gertrude Garner.
- His wife Agnes Gertrude Bullock became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Fairview Cemetery, Hubbard, Hill County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 8 Jun 2015
- Charts: Descendants of TEAGUE Joshua
Family 1: Carrie Teague b. 1 January 1888, d. 18 May 1936
- Floyd Boyd Garner b. 3 October 1908, d. 30 October 1931
- William Henry Garner Jr.+ b. 21 August 1917, d. 14 December 1966