William Henry Garner Jr.
b. 21 August 1917, d. 14 December 1966
- Father: William Henry Garner b. 22 March 1887, d. 9 January 1936
- Mother: Carrie Teague b. 1 January 1888, d. 18 May 1936
- William Henry Garner Jr. was born on 21 August 1917 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas.
- William Henry Garner and Carrie Teague appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included William Henry Garner Jr., Floyd Boyd Garner.
- Carrie Teague appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included William Henry Garner Jr., Floyd Boyd Garner. Boarding in the household was public school teacher William Wilcox.
- He married Lucille Rose Leonard, daughter of Camillus Haralson Leonard and Berenice Esther Lehmann, on 15 July 1939 in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at Church of the Redeemer.
- William Henry Garner Jr. and Lucille Rose Leonard appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Houston, Harris County, Texas.
- He was a public school teacher, according to the 1940 census.
- According to an account written by his widow Lucille, William Henry Garner Jr. taught math and coached football at the local high school in Aldine, Texas. Around 1941, he had started working for Texaco, and around 1943, they went to the Citadel in Charleston, South Carolina, where he taught in the Army Specialist Training Program for about a year before heading back to Houston. Then to New Orleans, Atlanta, and eventually on to Virginia Beach, Virginia, in 1958 when he was promoted to an executive position with Texaco. He was diagnosed with leukemia while they were living in New Orleans, and he died in December 1966 in Virginia Beach.
- He officially witnessed the death of Camillus Haralson Leonard on 12 December 1946 at Ragsdale Ranch in Uvalde County, Texas.
- William Henry Garner Jr. died on 14 December 1966 at age 49 in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- His wife Lucille Rose Leonard became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Old Donation Episcopal Church, Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- Last Edited: 14 Jun 2015
- Charts: Descendants of TEAGUE Joshua