Minnie Elizabeth Wood
b. 30 November 1907, d. 14 February 2003
- Father: Solomon William Wood Jr. b. 12 May 1876, d. 13 September 1958
- Mother: Elizabeth B. Hurst b. 1 July 1878, d. 19 September 1949
- Minnie Elizabeth Wood was born on 30 November 1907 in Navasota, Grimes County, Texas.
- She was known as Elizabeth.
- Solomon William Wood Jr. and Elizabeth B. Hurst appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Navasota, Grimes County, Texas, enumerated next to William's widowed aunt Fannie W. Goree.. Other members of the household included Minnie Elizabeth Wood, Fannie Kate Wood and Green H. Wood.
- Solomon William Wood Jr. and Elizabeth B. Hurst appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Navasota, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Minnie Elizabeth Wood.
- She married Evan Pinkney Harris, son of Eldridge M. Harris and Helen Gordon, circa 1928.
- Evan Pinkney Harris and Minnie Elizabeth Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Wichita Falls, Wichita County, Texas.
- She was a dental assistant in a dentist shop, according to the 1930 census.
- Minnie Elizabeth Wood became a widow at the 31 March 1951 death of her husband Evan Pinkney Harris.
- She officially witnessed the death of Evan Pinkney Harris on 31 March 1951 at Maxfield Clinic in Dallas, Texas.
- She married Royal Delmont Burnside, son of Thomas Edwin Burnside and Nina Linnabary, say 1953.
- Minnie Elizabeth Wood became a widow at the 9 February 1970 death of her husband Royal Delmont Burnside.
- She married Jack Burk Cudd Jr. on 21 June 1979.
- Minnie Elizabeth Wood became a widow at the 6 January 1983 death of her husband Jack Burk Cudd Jr.
- At the time of her death Minnie Elizabeth Wood was living in Davis, Yolo County, California, at Covell Gardens.
- Minnie Elizabeth Wood died on 14 February 2003 at age 95 in California.
- She was interred at Oakland Cemetery, Navasota, Grimes County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 6 March 2003 in the Woodland Daily Democrat: Elizabeth Wood Cudd died Friday, Feb. 14, 2003, at age 95. Born Nov. 30, 1907, in Navasota, Texas, Mrs. Cudd was resident of Covell Gardens in Davis. She was the daughter of the late Solomon William Wood and Elizabeth Hurst Wood. She had been a Yolo County resident for six years and was a Texas resident for 89 years. She graduated from Wichita Falls High School and attended Texas State Teachers College. Survivors include her daughter, Helen Voss; son, Bill; grandchildren, Susan Robertson of The Woodlands, Texas, Shelley Robertson of Zamora, Will Harris of Dallas, Texas, Lincoln Harris of College Station, Texas, Gage Harris of Ft. Worth, Texas, Lela Mead and husband Jeff of College Station, Texas, Ron Dwyer-Voss and wife Sue of Sacramento, and Susan Voss Rothmeier and husband Kris of Portland, Ore; and great-grandchildren, Kathryn Heimbach, Noah Dwyer-Voss, Sierra Dwyer-Voss, Henry Voss-Rothmeier, Evan Harris and Madelyn Mead. She was preceded in death by her husbands, Evan Harris, Royal Burnside and Jack Cudd; one sister and two brothers. Memorials may be directed to Elizabeth Cudd Golf Scholarship, c/o Esparto High School, 17121 Yolo Ave., Esparto, 95627. Services: A memorial service is scheduled at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, at Covell Gardens, 1111 Alvarado St., Davis.
- Last Edited: 23 Feb 2014
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of LeGRAND John & Margaret Chambers, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine
Family 1: Evan Pinkney Harris b. 16 August 1900, d. 31 March 1951
- William Evan Harris+ b. 1 April 1940, d. 22 December 2007