b. 28 November 1847, d. 19 October 1912
- Maria Hannefelder was born on 28 November 1847 in Breslau, Germany.
- She married Gustav Robert Paul Kassner circa 1865.
- Maria Hannefelder became a widow at the 9 June 1877 death of her husband Gustav Robert Paul Kassner.
- She married Albert Grieger, son of Julius Grieger and Augusta Fellsmann, circa 1882 in Breslau, according to the 1900 census.
- Maria Hannefelder arrived in the Port of New York on 11 August 1883, accompanied by Georg Paul Oscar Kassner and Alfred Henry Kassner from Amsterdam aboard the SS Schiedam. Alfred's age is given as 11 and Georg's 12, although Georg would have been about age 15. This gives some support to the theory that Maria's age 20 was also in error.
- Albert Grieger and Maria Hannefelder appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Queens, New York, at Park Avenue.
- Maria Hannefelder became a widow at the 12 August 1909 death of her husband Albert Grieger.
- The following appeared on 19 August 1909 in The Newtown Register: On Sunday the remains of Albert Grieger were cremated at the Fresh Pond Crematory. The death of Mr. Grieger occurred on Thursday at his late home, 68 Benjamin street, Corona. He had been ill for years with asthma and bronchitis. A widow and two sons are the immediate survivors. One of the sons resides on Corona avenue, while another son is a resident of Winfield. Mr. Grieger was 55 years of age.
- Maria Hannefelder appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Corona, Queens County, New York, at 68 Benjamin Street.
- Maria Hannefelder died on 19 October 1912 at age 64 in Queens County, New York.
- She was interred at Cedar Grove Cemetery, Flushing, Long Island, Queens County, New York.
- It is a very remote possibility that Maria Hannefelder and Anna Maria Hasler are one and the same, the mother of Maria Multach. It is worthy of note, however, that according to the evidence thus far gathered, Maria Hannefelder would have been age 14 at Maria's birth.
- Last Edited: 25 Jul 2011