Georg Paul Oscar Kassner
b. 26 October 1867, d. 2 October 1909
- Father: Gustav Robert Paul Kassner b. 18 March 1842, d. 9 June 1877
- Mother: Maria Hannefelder b. 28 November 1847, d. 19 October 1912
- Georg Paul Oscar Kassner was born on 26 October 1867 in Breslau, Germany.
- Maria Hannefelder arrived in the Port of New York on 11 August 1883, accompanied by Georg Paul Oscar Kassner, Alfred Henry Kassner from Amsterdam aboard the SS Schiedam. Alfred's age is given as 11 and Georg's 12, although Georg would have been about age 15. This gives some support to the theory that Maria's age 20 was also in error.
- He married Susanna Freunscht circa 1894.
- Georg Paul Oscar Kassner and Susanna Freunscht appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Queens, New York, at Hogan Place. Other members of the household included George Kassner, Elizabeth Kassner, Helen Marie Kassner, John Kassner and Alfred William Kassner.
- He was a stone maker, according to the 1900 census.
- Georg Paul Oscar Kassner became a widower at the 5 August 1905 death of his wife Susanna Freunscht.
- He married Catherine Molnar on 25 March 1906 in New York City.
- The following appeared on 19 August 1909 in The Newtown Register: On Sunday the remains of Albert Grieger were cremated at the Fresh Pond Crematory. The death of Mr. Grieger occurred on Thursday at his late home, 68 Benjamin street, Corona. He had been ill for years with asthma and bronchitis. A widow and two sons are the immediate survivors. One of the sons resides on Corona avenue, while another son is a resident of Winfield. Mr. Grieger was 55 years of age.
- Georg Paul Oscar Kassner died on 2 October 1909 at age 41 in Queens County, New York.
- Catherine Molnar became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Mount Olivet Cemetery, Maspeth, Queens County, New York.
- Last Edited: 8 Jul 2011