b. January 1845, d. 12 August 1909
- Albert Grieger was born in January 1845 in Germany.
- He married Maria Hannefelder circa 1882 in Breslau, according to the 1900 census.
- Albert Grieger arrived on 17 March 1883, according to his naturalization documents.
- He was naturalized on 3 July 1888 at New York.
- Albert Grieger appeared in the 1889 New York, New York, City Directory at 507 Fifth listed as a carver..
- Albert Grieger and Maria Hannefelder appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Queens, New York, at Park Avenue.
- He was an artist, according to the 1900 census.
- Albert Grieger died on 12 August 1909 at age 64 in Queens, New York.
- Maria Hannefelder became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Cedar Grove Cemetery, Flushing, Long Island, Queens County, New York.
- The following appeared on 19 August 1909 in The Newtown Register: On Sunday the remains of Albert Grieger were cremated at the Fresh Pond Crematory. The death of Mr. Grieger occurred on Thursday at his late home, 68 Benjamin street, Corona. He had been ill for years with asthma and bronchitis. A widow and two sons are the immediate survivors. One of the sons resides on Corona avenue, while another son is a resident of Winfield. Mr. Grieger was 55 years of age.
- Last Edited: 8 Jul 2011