Mary Jean Cleghorn
b. circa 1851
- Mary Jean Cleghorn was born circa 1851 in New York.
- She was known as Jennie.
- Robert Hill Cleghorn and Margaret Gow appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Lewiston, Niagara County, New York. Other members of the household included Mary Jean Cleghorn, Ida Cleghorn, John C. Cleghorn, Margaret Cleghorn, Alexander G. Cleghorn and Robert Cleghorn. Also in the household was one female domestic servant.
- Robert Hill Cleghorn and Margaret Gow appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Lewiston, New York. Other members of the household included Mary Jean Cleghorn, Margaret Cleghorn, John C. Cleghorn, Alexander G. Cleghorn, Robert Cleghorn, George A. Cleghorn and Maud Cleghorn.
- She was a school teacher, according to the 1880 census.
- The following appeared on 24 February 1928 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: The People from the Country (signed L. O. M.) . . . There, too, is Robert Cleghorn of the town of Lewiston. He was the father of Ida, now Mrs. James P. Hewett; Jean, who once taught in the Fifth street school and is now in California; Margaret, Maud, John, Alex, and George. Robert Cleghorn was a square, well-built man of considerable energy, his son John having been one of the tallest young men in this locality in those days. . . .
- Last Edited: 3 Jan 2012