b. May 1868
- Maud Cleghorn was born in May 1868 in New York.
- Robert Hill Cleghorn and Margaret Gow appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Lewiston, Niagara County, New York. Other members of the household included Maud Cleghorn, Mary Jean Cleghorn, Margaret Cleghorn, John C. Cleghorn, Alexander G. Cleghorn, Robert Cleghorn and George A. Cleghorn.
- Robert Cleghorn appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Grant Township, O'Brien County, Iowa, enumerated near the Armstrong family, future husband of brother John's daughterGertrude Cleghorn.. Other members of the household included Maud Cleghorn, Robert Hill Cleghorn. Also in the houehold was niece Georgie Ashby (age 15).
- She was a teacher, according to the 1900 census.
- The following appeared on 24 February 1928 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: The People from the Country (signed L. O. M.) . . . There, too, is Robert Cleghorn of the town of Lewiston. He was the father of Ida, now Mrs. James P. Hewett; Jean, who once taught in the Fifth street school and is now in California; Margaret, Maud, John, Alex, and George. Robert Cleghorn was a square, well-built man of considerable energy, his son John having been one of the tallest young men in this locality in those days. . . .
- Last Edited: 3 Nov 2009