Wilhelmina C. Koelle
b. 19 October 1891, d. 9 January 1969
- Father: Georg R. Kölle b. 12 July 1849, d. 4 August 1898
- Mother: Cäcelie Walter b. circa 3 December 1849, d. 28 June 1942
- Wilhelmina C. Koelle was born on 19 October 1891 in Suspension Bridge, Niagara County, New York.
- She was baptized/christened on 15 November 1891 at Zion Lutheran Church in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, in Suspension Bridge. sponsored by John Koelle and Maria Elisabeth Fink.
- Her name was recorded as Cecelia Wilhelmine in her baptismal record.
- Cäcelie Walter appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 1415 Whirlpool Street. Other members of the household included Wilhelmina C. Koelle, George Koelle, John Koelle, Margaret Koelle, Christian Koelle and Marie Koelle.
- Cäcelie Walter appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Niagara Falls, New York, at 1415 Whirlpool Street. Other members of the household included Wilhelmina C. Koelle, Marie Koelle and William Zinter.
- She was employed as a bookkeeper by a drygoods store, according to the 1910 census.
- She married Berton McConnell, son of Robert McConnell, on 24 January 1912 in Niagara Falls, New York, at Zion Lutheran Church, by license issued on the 23rd, with Rev. Herman Brezing officiating.. Witnessed were J. B.. Sheehan and Miss Bessie Winters..
- Berton McConnell registered for the draft on 5 June 1917 in Niagara County, New York, while living with his wife at 1415 Whirlpool in Niagara Falls, and self-employed there as a barber.
- Wilhelmina C. Koelle became a widow at the 18 August 1955 death of her husband Berton McConnell.
- The following appeared on 19 August 1955 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Berton McConnell, 68, of 741 Spruce Ave., died yesterday (Aug. 18, 1955) in Mt. St. Mary's Hospital after an illness of two years. Born in Ransomville, he had lived here for the last 46 years.
Mr. McConnell operated a berbarshop in Third St. for 16 years before moving it to its present location at the Imperial Hotel.
He is survived by his wife, Mrs. Wilhelmina McConnell.
He was a member of Niagara Falls Lodge No. 132 F&AM; Elks Lodge No. 346 and the Barbers Union, AFL.
Funeral services will be held at the Gridley Funeral Home Monday at 2 P.m. by the Rev. Arthur H. Schmoyer. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.
- The SSDI lists New York as the last residence of record of Wilhelmina C. Koelle.
- Wilhelmina C. Koelle died on 9 January 1969 at age 77 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at Memorial Hospital.
- She was interred at Niagara Falls Memorial Park Cemetery, Lewiston, Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared on 10 January 1969 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Mrs. Wilhelmina McConnell, 77 of 741 Spruce Ave., a former employe of Beir's Department Store where she worked for 50 years, died Thursday (Jan. 9, 1969) in Memorial Hospital after a short illness.
A native of this city, Mrs. McConnell was employed as a head cashier at the time of her retirement from Beir's in 1962.
She was a member of Zion Lutheran Church and belonged to Flagler Chapter, Order of Eastern Star, No. 355.
Mrs. McConnell is survived by her sister, Mrs. Mae Zinter of this city, and several nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will be held Monday at the Cornell and Daggett Funeral Chapel Inc. at 1:30 p.m. with the Rev. Paul W. Swank officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.
Friends may call at the funeral chapel on Saturday and Sunday from 2 to 5 and 7 to 9 p.m.
- Last Edited: 21 Oct 2013