b. 30 November 1887, d. 22 December 1969
- Father: Georg R. Kölle b. 12 July 1849, d. 4 August 1898
- Mother: Cäcelie Walter b. circa 3 December 1849, d. 28 June 1942
- Marie Koelle was born on 30 November 1887 in Suspension Bridge, Niagara County, New York.
- She was baptized/christened on 17 June 1888 in Suspension Bridge, New York, at the parental home, performed by Rev. Oscar Gallenkamp, according to the churchbooks of Zion Lutheran Church. sponsored by John Koelle and Maria Elisabeth Fink.
- Cäcelie Walter appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 1415 Whirlpool Street. Other members of the household included Marie Koelle, George Koelle, John Koelle, Margaret Koelle, Christian Koelle and Wilhelmina C. Koelle.
- She and Christian Koelle witnessed the marriage of Dempster Hardy and Margaret Koelle on 8 June 1904 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at Zion Lutheran Church.
- She married William Zinter, son of John Zinter and Sarah (?), on 18 December 1907 in Niagara Falls, New York, at Zion Lutheran Church. Witnesses were Mr. and Mrs. Oto Greiner..
- Cäcelie Walter appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Niagara Falls, New York, at 1415 Whirlpool Street. Other members of the household included Marie Koelle, William Zinter and Wilhelmina C. Koelle.
- Marie Koelle became a widow at the 13 May 1953 death of her husband William Zinter.
- The following appeared on 14 May 1953 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Prominent in local fraternal organizations, William Zinter, 81, of 1820 Ontario avenue, died yesterday in Memorial hospital.
Born in Ayton, Ont., he lived here for 50 years and, until his retirement 17 years ago, was chief clerk of the Niagara Junction Railway company.
Mr. Zinter was a member of Zion Lutheran chuirch, Royal Arch Masons Lodge 20, Niagara Commandery 64, Ismalia Temple, and Temple Council 79, Niagara Falls Lodge 81, IOOF and Flagler Chapter 355, OES.
A Master Mason since 1900, Mr. Zinter was awarded a 50 year service medal three years ago.
Surviving are his wife, Marie K[oelle] Zinter, two sons, Leonard K. and Francis G. Zinter, a daughter, Mrs. Herman Gebauer, and two grandchildren, all of this city.
Funeral services will be held at the Gridley Funeral home at 2 p.m., Saturday conducted by the Rev. Arthur H. Schmoyer. Interment will be in Memorial Park cemetery.
Niagara River Lodge 785, F and AM, will conduct a memorial service at the funeral home tomorrow at 7 p.m.
- The following appeared on 10 January 1969 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Mrs. Wilhelmina McConnell, 77 of 741 Spruce Ave., a former employe of Beir's Department Store where she worked for 50 years, died Thursday (Jan. 9, 1969) in Memorial Hospital after a short illness.
A native of this city, Mrs. McConnell was employed as a head cashier at the time of her retirement from Beir's in 1962.
She was a member of Zion Lutheran Church and belonged to Flagler Chapter, Order of Eastern Star, No. 355.
Mrs. McConnell is survived by her sister, Mrs. Mae Zinter of this city, and several nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will be held Monday at the Cornell and Daggett Funeral Chapel Inc. at 1:30 p.m. with the Rev. Paul W. Swank officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.
Friends may call at the funeral chapel on Saturday and Sunday from 2 to 5 and 7 to 9 p.m.
- Marie Koelle died on 22 December 1969 at age 82 in Lewiston, Niagara County, New York, at Fairchild Nursing Home.
- She was interred at Niagara Falls Memorial Park Cemetery, Lewiston, Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared on 23 December 1969 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: Mrs. Marie Zinter, 82, of 449 80th St. died Monday (Dec. 22, 1969) in Fairchild Nursing Home after a lengthy illness.
Mrs. Zinter was a Niagara Falls native and had lived here all of her life.
Survivors include two sons, Leonard K. Zinter, of Lewiston, and Francis Jerald Zinter, of Niagara Falls; a daughter, Mrs. Grace Gebauer of this city; two grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held at the Lane Funeral Home Wednesday at 4 p.m. with the Rev. Paul S. Swank officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.
Friends may call at the funeral home today from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Last Edited: 16 Oct 2013