Bessie M. Eyeington
b. 19 September 1877, d. 8 February 1968
- Father: John Eyeington b. 10 May 1847, d. 1916
- Mother: Isabella Adams b. 27 September 1853, d. 4 July 1933
- Bessie M. Eyeington was born on 19 September 1877 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York.
- John Eyeington and Isabella Adams appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 84 Puffer Street. Other members of the household included Bessie M. Eyeington, George Eyeington and Ann Eyeington.
- John Eyeington and Isabella Adams appeared in the New York state census of 16 February 1892 in Evans, Erie County, New York, enumerated next to the household of Milon and Ida Bundy.. Other members of the household included Bessie M. Eyeington, Gertrude B. Eyeington and Oliver Clark Eyeington.
- The following appeared on September 1895 in the Erie County Independent: (Angola) Miss Bessie Eyeington has accepted a position in the Ripley bank and left for that place Saturday.
- The following appeared on 12 August 1900 in The Buffalo Courier: Mr. and Mrs. John Eyeington of Angola announce the engagement of their daughter, Miss Bessie M., to Mr. Allen J. Bundy.
- She married Allen J. Bundy, son of Milon J. Bundy and Ida Paulina Allen, on 12 September 1900 in Angola, Erie County, New York.
- In October 1909, Bessie Eyeington Bundy sent a photo postcard of herself and baby Milon to her cousin Maude Wilson Oliver.
- Allen J. Bundy and Bessie M. Eyeington appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Angola, Erie County, New york, at Mill Street. Other members of the household included Esther E. Bundy and Milon John Bundy.
- The following appeared on 8 March 1915 in the Buffalo Evening News: A reception was given Mrs. B. M. Harwood upon the occasion of her 84th birthday at the home of her daughter, Mrs. David Grant, 360 Fourteenth street, last Tuesday, which was attended by 35 guests, including children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Mrs William P. Adams and Mrs. Grant were the hostesses.
The members of the Women's association of Bethany Presbyterian church presented Mrs. Harwood with a book, "The Hearthstone," descriptive of her native land, Scotland. Many friends remembered her with gifts of flowers and other tokens. A short service was conducted by Mrs. Frederick Harper and a musical program was given by Mrs. Rosencrans and others.
Among the out-of-town guests were Mrs. John Eyeington and daughter, Miss Isabel Eyeington, Mrs. A. J. Bundy and Milon Bundy.
- Allen J. Bundy and Bessie M. Eyeington appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Angola, Erie County, New York, at Fifth Street. Other members of the household included Esther E. Bundy and Milon John Bundy.
- The following appeared on 10 July 1927 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: Among those who have recently entertained in honor of Miss Earldene L. Hudson whose marriage to Ward L. Conklin took place July 9th are Mrs. R. C. Fisher of Voorhees avenue, who entertained at bridge; Miss Norma Schaefer of Linwood avenue a handlerchief shower; Mrs. Oliver Clark Eyeington of Crestwood avenue at dinner; Mrs. S. M. Gaylord of Roble avenue at bridge; Mrs. H. G. Southall who gave a linen shower and garden party at her summer home at Bay Beach; Mrs. Clark M. Fleming entertained at dinner; Mrs. Allen J. Bundy a dinner at her home at Angola-on-the-Lake; Mrs.W. P. Adams and Miss Etta Earl of Lafayette avenue, a dinner of 20 covers; Miss Pearl Block of Anderson place a luncheon; Miss Edith Rogers of Ashland avenue a luncheon; Mrs. F. S. Nelson of Beverly road a kitchen shower; Mrs. William J. Ennis of North Park avenue a treasure hunt; Miss Mildred Henry and Miss Florence Stevenson who gave a dinner of twelve covers at Hotel Touraine; Mrs. E. E. Cavagnaro a dinner at the Westbrook; Mrs. Charles G. Berry, dinner and Mrs. Norman C. Sprickman, bridge.
- The following appeared on 11 August 1946 in The Canton Reposibory: Mrs. Gertrude Eyeington Stokes, 59, of 758 Delverne ave SW, died Saturday afternoon at the residence following a lingering illness.
She was a resident of Canton 31 years and was a member of Bethel Lutheran Church. Surviving are her husband, Richard H., and a daughter, Olive, second grade instructor at Belden school; a brother, Oliver Eyeington of Buffalo, N. Y., and two sisters, Mrs. A. J. Bundy of Cortland, N. Y., and Mrs. Isabelle Schwert of Angola, N. Y.
Services will be held Tuesday at 1 p. m. in the Schlrack & Williams parlors with Rev. L. C. Fritschel officiating. Burial will be in Westlawn cemetery. Friends may call at the parlors today and Monday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p. m.
- The following appeared on 16 May 1959 in The Buffalo Courier-Express: [Died] Oliver C. Eyeington, May 13, 1959, of 57 Brantwood Rd., Eggertsville, N.Y; beloved husband of Lillian C. Wagner Eyeington; brother of Mrs. A. J. Bundy of Cortland, N.Y., and Mrs. C. J. Schwert, of Angola, N.Y; uncle of Mrs. Howard Peck, of Cortland, N.Y., and Dean Schwert, of Angola, N.Y; cousin of Mrs. John G. McKay, of Rockville, Md., and Mrs. Bennett T. Lodge, of Kenmore, N.Y. Friends may call at the Darwin F. Meyers Funeral Home, 4614 Main St., at Roycroft Blvd., Snyder, from 2-4 and 7-9 o'clock where funeral will be held Saturday at 2 o'clock. Friends are invited.
- The following appeared on 12 September 1960 in the Cortland Standard: Mr. and Mrs. Allen J. Bundy, 89-1/2 N. Main St., who were married 60 years ago today, were honored Saturday at a family dinner party at the home of their son-in-law and daughter, mr. and Mrs. Harold Peck, 49 W. Court St.
Allen J. Bundy and Bessie Eyeington were married on Sept. 12, 1900, in Angola, N.Y. They have one daughter, Mrs. Peck; one son, Milon J. Bundy of Oneonta; four grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
Mr. Bundy was formerly an auto dealer in Angola. The couple have resided in Cortland for about 20 years.
- Bessie M. Eyeington died on 8 February 1968 at age 90 in Cortland, Cortland County, New York, at the Cortland Nursing Home.
- Allen J. Bundy became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Cortland Rural Cemetery, Cortland, Cortland County, New York.
- The following appeared on 8 February 1968 in the Cortland Standard: Mrs. Bessie Bundy, 90, of 89-1/2 N. Main St. died this morning at Cortland Nursing Home.
She was born Sept. 19, 1877 in Buffalo, the daughter of the late John and Isabell Adams Eyeington.
Mrs. Bundy had been a resident of Cortland for the past 25 years and was a member of the First Congregational Church.
Surviving are her husband, Allen J. Bundy; one son, Milon J. Bundy of Oneonta; one daughter, Mrs. Harold T. Peck, and seven great-grandchildren.
Private funeral services will be held at the convenience of the family. Interment will be in Cortland Rural Cemetery. There will be no calling hours.
Funeral arrangements are by the Wright - Beard Funeral Home.
Friends may contribute to the Memorial Fund of the First Congregational Church.
- The following appeared on 15 February 1968 in the Evans Journal: Bessie Bundy. Mrs. Allen J. Bundy, the former Bessie Eyeington, of Cortland died last Thursday, Feb. 8, 1968, in the Cortland Nursing Home. A former long-time resident of Angola, she was 90 years old. She is survived by her husband; a son, Mil[o]n J. Bundy of Oneonta; a daughter, Mrs. Harold (Esther) Peck of Cortland, and a sister, Mrs. Isabel Schwert of Angola. A private funeral was held on Saturday.
- The following appeared on 25 June 1970 in the Evans Journal: Mrs. Isabel E. Schwert (nee Eyeington) of 73 Mill St., Angola, died suddenly in Lake Shore Inter-Community Hospital on Friday, June 19, 1970. She was 76. Widow of the late J. Cleveland Schwert, she was the mother of the late Dean E. Schwert and sister of the late Mrs. Bessie E. Bundy, Mrs. Gertrude Stokes and Oliver Eyeington. The Rev. Raymond L. Morris Jr. officiated at funeral services Monday morning at Froehley's Funeral Home. Burial was in Forest Avenue Cemetery, Angola. Mrs. Schwert was a member of the Stitcheri Society of the First Congregational United Church of Christ.
- Last Edited: 9 Jan 2014