Isabel L. Eyeington
b. 7 October 1893, d. 19 June 1970
- Father: John Eyeington b. 10 May 1847, d. 1916
- Mother: Isabella Adams b. 27 September 1853, d. 4 July 1933
- Isabel L. Eyeington was born on 7 October 1893 in New York.
- John Eyeington and Isabella Adams appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Angola, Erie County, New York. Other members of the household included Isabel L. Eyeington.
- John Eyeington and Isabella Adams appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at Orchard Street. Other members of the household included Isabel L. Eyeington.
- She married Julius Cleveland Schwert, son of Louis H. Schwert and Augusta Doering, circa 1914.
- The following appeared on 8 March 1915 in the Buffalo Evening News: A reception was given Mrs. B. M. Harwood upon the occasion of her 84th birthday at the home of her daughter, Mrs. David Grant, 360 Fourteenth street, last Tuesday, which was attended by 35 guests, including children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Mrs William P. Adams and Mrs. Grant were the hostesses.
The members of the Women's association of Bethany Presbyterian church presented Mrs. Harwood with a book, "The Hearthstone," descriptive of her native land, Scotland. Many friends remembered her with gifts of flowers and other tokens. A short service was conducted by Mrs. Frederick Harper and a musical program was given by Mrs. Rosencrans and others.
Among the out-of-town guests were Mrs. John Eyeington and daughter, Miss Isabel Eyeington, Mrs. A. J. Bundy and Milon Bundy.
- Julius Cleveland Schwert and Isabel L. Eyeington appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Angola, Erie County, New York, at Mill Street. Other members of the household included Isabella Adams.
- Julius Cleveland Schwert and Isabel L. Eyeington appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Angola, Erie County, New York, at 73 Mill Street. Other members of the household included Dean E. Schwert and Isabella Adams.
- Isabel L. Eyeington became a widow at the 8 March 1944 death of her husband Julius Cleveland Schwert.
- The following appeared on 10 March 1944 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: J. Cleveland Schwert, 50, a deputy collector of internal revenue at the Buffalo office, died suddenly Wednesday at his Angola home. He was a cousin of the late Rep. Pius L. Schwert.
Mr. Schwert, son of the late Supervisor Louis H. Schwert, and Mrs. Augusta Schwert, was born in Farnham and until a few years ago had conducted the general store in Farnham owned by his father. Both Louis Schwert and his brother, Julius, father of Rep. Schwert, were elected to the Board of Supervisors the same year and both died while holding office.
J. Cleveland Schwert was appointed a deputy collector of Internal Revenue in March, 1941. He was one of the organizers of the National Bank of Angola and the Evans Land Co. He also was active in Democratic circles.
He is survived by his wife, Isabelle Eyeington Schwert; his mother; a son, Dean E. Schwert; a brother, Harmon, of Buffalo, and three sisters, Minnie Schwert and Mrs. Louise Allen of Buffalo, and Hattie Schwert of Boston, Mass.
Funeral services will be at the home, 73 Mill St., Angola, tomorrow at 2:30 p. m.
- The following appeared on 11 August 1946 in The Canton Reposibory: Mrs. Gertrude Eyeington Stokes, 59, of 758 Delverne ave SW, died Saturday afternoon at the residence following a lingering illness.
She was a resident of Canton 31 years and was a member of Bethel Lutheran Church. Surviving are her husband, Richard H., and a daughter, Olive, second grade instructor at Belden school; a brother, Oliver Eyeington of Buffalo, N. Y., and two sisters, Mrs. A. J. Bundy of Cortland, N. Y., and Mrs. Isabelle Schwert of Angola, N. Y.
Services will be held Tuesday at 1 p. m. in the Schlrack & Williams parlors with Rev. L. C. Fritschel officiating. Burial will be in Westlawn cemetery. Friends may call at the parlors today and Monday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p. m.
- The following appeared on 16 May 1959 in The Buffalo Courier-Express: [Died] Oliver C. Eyeington, May 13, 1959, of 57 Brantwood Rd., Eggertsville, N.Y; beloved husband of Lillian C. Wagner Eyeington; brother of Mrs. A. J. Bundy of Cortland, N.Y., and Mrs. C. J. Schwert, of Angola, N.Y; uncle of Mrs. Howard Peck, of Cortland, N.Y., and Dean Schwert, of Angola, N.Y; cousin of Mrs. John G. McKay, of Rockville, Md., and Mrs. Bennett T. Lodge, of Kenmore, N.Y. Friends may call at the Darwin F. Meyers Funeral Home, 4614 Main St., at Roycroft Blvd., Snyder, from 2-4 and 7-9 o'clock where funeral will be held Saturday at 2 o'clock. Friends are invited.
- The following appeared on 15 February 1968 in the Evans Journal: Bessie Bundy. Mrs. Allen J. Bundy, the former Bessie Eyeington, of Cortland died last Thursday, Feb. 8, 1968, in the Cortland Nursing Home. A former long-time resident of Angola, she was 90 years old. She is survived by her husband; a son, Mil[o]n J. Bundy of Oneonta; a daughter, Mrs. Harold (Esther) Peck of Cortland, and a sister, Mrs. Isabel Schwert of Angola. A private funeral was held on Saturday.
- The SSDI lists Angola, New York, as the last residence of record of Isabel L. Eyeington.
- She was interred at Forest Avenue Cemetery, Angola, Erie County, New York.
- Isabel L. Eyeington died on 19 June 1970 at age 76 in Irving, Chautauqua County, New York, at Lake Shore Inter-Community Hospital.
- The following appeared on 25 June 1970 in the Evans Journal: Mrs. Isabel E. Schwert (nee Eyeington) of 73 Mill St., Angola, died suddenly in Lake Shore Inter-Community Hospital on Friday, June 19, 1970. She was 76. Widow of the late J. Cleveland Schwert, she was the mother of the late Dean E. Schwert and sister of the late Mrs. Bessie E. Bundy, Mrs. Gertrude Stokes and Oliver Eyeington. The Rev. Raymond L. Morris Jr. officiated at funeral services Monday morning at Froehley's Funeral Home. Burial was in Forest Avenue Cemetery, Angola. Mrs. Schwert was a member of the Stitcheri Society of the First Congregational United Church of Christ.
- Last Edited: 8 Jan 2014