Oliver Clark Eyeington
b. 6 December 1883, d. 13 May 1959
- Father: John Eyeington b. 10 May 1847, d. 1916
- Mother: Isabella Adams b. 27 September 1853, d. 4 July 1933
- Oliver Clark Eyeington was born on 6 December 1883 in New York.
- John Eyeington and Isabella Adams appeared in the New York state census of 16 February 1892 in Evans, Erie County, New York, enumerated next to the household of Milon and Ida Bundy.. Other members of the household included Oliver Clark Eyeington, Bessie M. Eyeington and Gertrude B. Eyeington.
- David Grant and Barbara T. Adams appeared in the New York state census of 1 June 1905 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 360 14th Street. Other members of the household included Oliver Clark Eyeington, Helen A. Grant and Barbara Lyall.
- He was employed as a hardware clerk, according to the 1905 census.
- David Grant and Barbara T. Adams appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Buffalo, New York, at 360 14th Street. Other members of the household included Oliver Clark Eyeington, Helen A. Grant and Barbara Lyall.
- Barbara Lyall appeared in the New York state census of 1 June 1915 in Buffalo, New York, at 360 14th Street. Other members of the household included Oliver Clark Eyeington, Barbara T. Adams and Helen A. Grant.
- Oliver Clark Eyeington registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Erie County, New York, while living at 360 14th in Buffalo, and employed there by Buffalo Wholesale Hardware as a traveling salesman. He lists his mother as his nearest relative.
- Barbara T. Adams appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 14th Street. Other members of the household included Oliver Clark Eyeington, Helen A. Grant.
- The following appeared on 7 September 1924 in The Buffalo Sunday Express: The marriage of Miss Esther E. Bundy, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Allen J. Bundy of Angola to Harold P. Peck, son of Mr. and Mrs. N. Jay Peck of Cortland, was celebrated at the First Congregational church of Angola last Wednesday evening at 7:30 o'clock. The ceremony was performed by the Rev. Charles R. Hamblin. Mrs. William Chapman of Silver Creek played the wedding march. The bride wore a gown of ivory satin with a court train, her veil white tulle trimmed with orange blossoms. She carried a shower bouquet of bride roses and lilies of the valley. She was attended by Miss Helen A. Grant of Buffalo, gowned in an apricot georgette crepe dress made in bouffant style. She carried a bouquet of pink butterfly roses. The bridesmaids were the Misses Esther Cockburn, Greta Ellis, Janet Hanley of Buffalo and Ethel Widmer of Angola. They wore bouffant gowns in pastel shades of georgette and carried Colonial bouquets in pastel colors. The bridegroom was attended by Frank G. Stisser of Cortland. The ushers were Harry W. Pea and William R. Halstead of Cortland, ??? J. Frawley of Angola, and Oliver C. Eyeington of Buffalo. . . . The cememony was followed by a reception at the Lake Shore Hunt Club at Derby. Covers were laid at the bride's table for fourteen and about 86? guests from Cortland, Jamestown, Batavia, Meadville and Buffalo were present. After a motor trip through New England, Mr. and Mrs. Peck will be at home at No. 41 ??? street, Cortland.
- He married Lillian C. Wagner, daughter of Edward F. Wagner and Kreszentia (?), on 6 July 1926 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, with the Rev. Father Scanlon officiating.
- The following appeared on 21 July 1926 in the Buffalo Evening News: The marriage of Miss Lillian C. Wagner to Mr. Oliver C. Eyeington was solemnized Tuesday, July 6, at noon, the Rev. Father Scanlon officiating.
- Oliver Clark Eyeington and Lillian C. Wagner appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Eggertsville, Erie County, New York, at 57 Brantwood Road.
- He was a hardware salesman, according to the 1930 census.
- Oliver Clark Eyeington and Lillian C. Wagner appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Eggertsville, New York, at 57 Brantwood Road.
- He was self-employed as a wholesale hardware salesman, according to the 1940 census.
- The following appeared on 11 August 1946 in The Canton Reposibory: Mrs. Gertrude Eyeington Stokes, 59, of 758 Delverne ave SW, died Saturday afternoon at the residence following a lingering illness.
She was a resident of Canton 31 years and was a member of Bethel Lutheran Church. Surviving are her husband, Richard H., and a daughter, Olive, second grade instructor at Belden school; a brother, Oliver Eyeington of Buffalo, N. Y., and two sisters, Mrs. A. J. Bundy of Cortland, N. Y., and Mrs. Isabelle Schwert of Angola, N. Y.
Services will be held Tuesday at 1 p. m. in the Schlrack & Williams parlors with Rev. L. C. Fritschel officiating. Burial will be in Westlawn cemetery. Friends may call at the parlors today and Monday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p. m.
- Oliver Clark Eyeington died on 13 May 1959 at age 75 in Amherst, Erie County, New York.
- Lillian C. Wagner became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Forest Lawn Cemetery, Buffalo, Erie County, New York.
- The following appeared on 16 May 1959 in The Buffalo Courier-Express: [Died] Oliver C. Eyeington, May 13, 1959, of 57 Brantwood Rd., Eggertsville, N.Y; beloved husband of Lillian C. Wagner Eyeington; brother of Mrs. A. J. Bundy of Cortland, N.Y., and Mrs. C. J. Schwert, of Angola, N.Y; uncle of Mrs. Howard Peck, of Cortland, N.Y., and Dean Schwert, of Angola, N.Y; cousin of Mrs. John G. McKay, of Rockville, Md., and Mrs. Bennett T. Lodge, of Kenmore, N.Y. Friends may call at the Darwin F. Meyers Funeral Home, 4614 Main St., at Roycroft Blvd., Snyder, from 2-4 and 7-9 o'clock where funeral will be held Saturday at 2 o'clock. Friends are invited.
- The following appeared on 18 March 1970 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: [Died] Lillian C., March 15, 1970, wife of the late Oliver C. Eyeington; sister of Mrs. William Robertson; aunt of Mrs. Stephen Boy, Mrs. D. Cummings, Mrs. E. Robb, Mrs. Edgar Meister, Mrs. Carl Hagin and Edgar Bardol. Friends may call at the Darwin E. Myers Funeral Home Inc., 4614 Main St., at Roycroft Blvd., Synder, N.Y. Monday 7-9 and Tuesday 2-4 and 7-9 o'clock. Funeral Wednesday at a 9:30 a.m. and from St. Benedict's Church at 10. Friends invited.
- The following appeared on 25 June 1970 in the Evans Journal: Mrs. Isabel E. Schwert (nee Eyeington) of 73 Mill St., Angola, died suddenly in Lake Shore Inter-Community Hospital on Friday, June 19, 1970. She was 76. Widow of the late J. Cleveland Schwert, she was the mother of the late Dean E. Schwert and sister of the late Mrs. Bessie E. Bundy, Mrs. Gertrude Stokes and Oliver Eyeington. The Rev. Raymond L. Morris Jr. officiated at funeral services Monday morning at Froehley's Funeral Home. Burial was in Forest Avenue Cemetery, Angola. Mrs. Schwert was a member of the Stitcheri Society of the First Congregational United Church of Christ.
- Last Edited: 10 Jan 2014