Dean E. Schwert
b. 19 July 1922, d. 1959
- Father: Julius Cleveland Schwert b. 11 October 1892, d. 8 March 1944
- Mother: Isabel L. Eyeington b. 7 October 1893, d. 19 June 1970
- Dean E. Schwert was born on 19 July 1922 in New York.
- Julius Cleveland Schwert and Isabel L. Eyeington appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Angola, Erie County, New York, at 73 Mill Street. Other members of the household included Dean E. Schwert, Isabella Adams.
- The following appeared on 10 March 1944 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: J. Cleveland Schwert, 50, a deputy collector of internal revenue at the Buffalo office, died suddenly Wednesday at his Angola home. He was a cousin of the late Rep. Pius L. Schwert.
Mr. Schwert, son of the late Supervisor Louis H. Schwert, and Mrs. Augusta Schwert, was born in Farnham and until a few years ago had conducted the general store in Farnham owned by his father. Both Louis Schwert and his brother, Julius, father of Rep. Schwert, were elected to the Board of Supervisors the same year and both died while holding office.
J. Cleveland Schwert was appointed a deputy collector of Internal Revenue in March, 1941. He was one of the organizers of the National Bank of Angola and the Evans Land Co. He also was active in Democratic circles.
He is survived by his wife, Isabelle Eyeington Schwert; his mother; a son, Dean E. Schwert; a brother, Harmon, of Buffalo, and three sisters, Minnie Schwert and Mrs. Louise Allen of Buffalo, and Hattie Schwert of Boston, Mass.
Funeral services will be at the home, 73 Mill St., Angola, tomorrow at 2:30 p. m.
- He married Virginia E. Mohart.
- Dean E. Schwert died in 1959.
- Virginia E. Mohart became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Forest Avenue Cemetery, Angola, Erie County, New York.
- The following appeared on 25 June 1970 in the Evans Journal: Mrs. Isabel E. Schwert (nee Eyeington) of 73 Mill St., Angola, died suddenly in Lake Shore Inter-Community Hospital on Friday, June 19, 1970. She was 76. Widow of the late J. Cleveland Schwert, she was the mother of the late Dean E. Schwert and sister of the late Mrs. Bessie E. Bundy, Mrs. Gertrude Stokes and Oliver Eyeington. The Rev. Raymond L. Morris Jr. officiated at funeral services Monday morning at Froehley's Funeral Home. Burial was in Forest Avenue Cemetery, Angola. Mrs. Schwert was a member of the Stitcheri Society of the First Congregational United Church of Christ.
- The following appeared on 16 August 2006 in The Buffalo News: Virginia E. Schwert of Silver Creek, a retired teacher, died Sunday in Lake Shore Nursing Home, Irving. She was 86. Born Virginia Mohart in Silver Creek, she graduated from Silver Creek High School in 1937 and from Fredonia Normal School in 1940. A former Angola resident, she taught kindergarten at Blasdell Elementary School for 38 years. She was a member of the Order of the Eastern Star. Her husband, Dean E., died in 1959. Survivors include two brothers, Milton Mohart and Eugene Mohart. Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday in Hole-Parker Funeral Chapel, 160 Central Ave.
- Last Edited: 12 May 2012