August Friedrich Nussbaum
b. 7 October 1837, d. 1919
- Father: Jacob Friedrich Nussbaum b. 21 August 1808
- Mother: Sophia Dorothea Oswald b. 22 November 1813
- August Friedrich Nussbaum was born on 7 October 1837 in Württemberg.
- He was baptized/christened on 8 October 1837 in Plochingen, Württemberg.
- August Friedrich Nussbaum arrived in the Port of New York on 11 April 1854, aboard the ship Samoset from Le Havre, traveling in steerage class. According to Württemberg Emigration Index, August Friedrich Nussbaum appled in February 1854 to emigrate from Plochingen, Esslingen, to North America.
- He married Catharina (?)
- August Friedrich Nussbaum and Catharina (?), appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Niagara, Niagara County, New York. Other members of the household included Johann Gottlieb Nussbaum, Carl Wilhelm Nussbaum, Christian Gottlieb Nussbaum and Emanuel Gottlieb Nussbaum. Also in the household were children John (age 7), Frederick (5), William (3) and Charles (1).
- He was a shoe manufacturer, according to the 1870 census.
- August Friedrich Nussbaum became a widower at the 1916 death of his wife Catharina (?)
- August Friedrich Nussbaum died in 1919.
- He was interred at Ridge Lawn Cemetery, Cheektowaga, Erie County, New York.
- Research Note: It is an educated guess that August, Christian, Gottlieb and Charles Nussbaum are brothers, although there is a possibility that some of them may have been first cousins, from Polchingen.
- Last Edited: 25 Jul 2013