Christian Gottlieb Nussbaum
b. 22 April 1841
- Father: Jacob Friedrich Nussbaum b. 21 August 1808
- Mother: Sophia Dorothea Oswald b. 22 November 1813
- Christian Gottlieb Nussbaum was baptized/christened on 22 April 1841 in Plochingen, Württemberg.
- He was born on 22 April 1841 in Württemberg.
- Emanuel Gottlieb Nussbaum and Christian Gottlieb Nussbaum arrived in the Port of New York on 14 March 1870, aboard the SS America from Bremen, traveling in steerage class. Christian is identified as female "Christine," age 28. According to Württemberg Emigration Index, Christian Gottlieb Nussbaum appled in February 1870 to emigrate from Plochingen, Esslingen, to North America.
- August Friedrich Nussbaum and Catharina (?), appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Niagara, Niagara County, New York. Other members of the household included Christian Gottlieb Nussbaum, Johann Gottlieb Nussbaum, Carl Wilhelm Nussbaum and Emanuel Gottlieb Nussbaum. Also in the household were children John (age 7), Frederick (5), William (3) and Charles (1).
- He was a laborer, according to the 1870 census.
- Research Note: It is an educated guess that August, Christian, Gottlieb and Charles Nussbaum are brothers, although there is a possibility that some of them may have been first cousins, from Polchingen.
- Last Edited: 25 Jul 2013