b. circa 1788
- Martha Rabb was born circa 1788 in South Carolina.
- She married James Lyles Goree, son of John Goree and Lucy Liles, circa 1810.
- James Lyles Goree and Martha Rabb appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1830 in Perry County, Alabama. Other (counted but unnamed) members of the household apparently included Mary Ann Goree, John Rabb Goree, James Langston Goree, Robert Thomas Goree and Lucy Caroline Goree.
- James Lyles Goree and Martha Rabb appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1840 in Perry County, Alabama, enumerated as son "John R. Gorre," although John is enumerated separately with his family elsewhere in Perry County.. Other (counted but unnamed) members of the household apparently included James Langston Goree, Robert Thomas Goree and Lucy Caroline Goree. There are more males than can be accounted for amongst known children, perhaps an overseer and/or laborers.
- Martha Rabb became a widow at the circa 1841 death of her husband James Lyles Goree.
- Robert Thomas Goree appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Barrons Beat, Perry County, Alabama, and also Joseph A. Goree, age 25, apparently a brother.. Other members of the household included Martha Rabb.
- Last Edited: 21 Feb 2013
Family: James Lyles Goree b. 29 November 1783, d. circa 1841
- John Rabb Goree+ b. 3 June 1811, d. 25 January 1852
- Mary Ann Goree b. circa 1817, d. 5 December 1877
- James Langston Goree+ b. 1819, d. 1866
- Robert Thomas Goree b. 12 October 1822, d. 28 January 1858
- Lucy Caroline Goree+ b. November 1827, d. 18 January 1907