Paul DeWitt Brodnax
b. 24 October 1871, d. 24 May 1959
- Father: Thomas Whitaker Brodnax b. circa 16 July 1818, d. 16 July 1874
- Mother: Caroline Elizabeth Bonneau b. 28 August 1824, d. 6 January 1912
- Paul DeWitt Brodnax was born on 24 October 1871 in Texas.
- William B. Brodnax and Courtney Jennetta Wilson appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in San Augustine County, Texas. Other members of the household included Paul DeWitt Brodnax, Edna Cornelia Brodnax, Mary Olive Brodnax, Caroline Elizabeth Bonneau and Ester Elizabeth Brodnax.
- He married Lula Clair Arnold on 22 December 1893 in Hemphill, Sabine County, Texas.
- Paul DeWitt Brodnax and Lula Clair Arnold appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Sabine County, Texas. Other members of the household included Belva C. Brodnax and Thomas D. Brodnax.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1900 census.
- The following appeared on 1 September 1936 in The Alexandria Town Talk: [Died] On Saturday, August 29, 1936, at 2:30 a. m. at the home of his daughter in Brookland, Tex., John R. Brodnax aged 89 year. He is survived by three daughters, Mrs. P. C. Hychembottom, Winnfield, La; Mrs. B. T. Sompayrac, Alexandria, La; Mrs. W. L. Cooper, Brookland, Tex; five sons, Eugene and Herbert of Alexandria, La; Grover, Hodge, La; Lane, Elmer, La; and Grady, Shreveport, La; two brothers, Paul, Hemphill, Tex; Whittier, Uvalde, Tex; two sisters, Mrs. Ollie Porter, Mansfield, La; and Mrs. Hess Peace, Uvalde, Tex.
Funeral services were held Sunday morning, Aug. 30, at Henderson's cemetery, Boyce, La.
- Paul DeWitt Brodnax became a widower at the 28 May 1947 death of his wife Lula Clair Arnold.
- Paul DeWitt Brodnax died on 24 May 1959 at age 87 in San Augustine, San Augustine County, Texas, at San Augustine Hospital.
- He was interred at Hemphill Cemetery, Hemphill, Sabine County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 13 Feb 2016