b. 8 August 1802, d. circa July 1857
- Father: John Saunders Whitley b. 14 May 1770, d. circa September 1838
- Mother: Bathsheba Bateman b. circa 1770, d. circa 1838
- Sharp Whitley was born on 8 August 1802 in White County, Tennessee.
- He married Sarah Little, daughter of William Little and Unknown (?), on 29 December 1821 in Fayette County, Illinois.
- According to an account written by Green Mark Wood's granddaughter Cornelia LeGrand Wood Garvin, the first place they lived after reaching Texas was the old Sharp Whitley place. This they rented for two years, Danville Texas being their post office. Then he bought 1000 acres of land paying $1.00 per acre, then in Walker County but now San Jacinto. Here they lived only one year. Then they moved to or near New Waverly, where they were living when son Rush Brevard enlisted in the Army in March 1864.
- Sharp Whitley died circa July 1857 in Lavaca County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 15 Apr 2008