William Henry Harris
b. circa 1814
- Father: Lewis A. Harris b. 28 November 1770, d. 18 June 1844
- Mother: Sarah Ware b. circa 1778, d. 19 September 1855
- William Henry Harris was born circa 1814 in Georgia.
- He married Sarah (?)
- Sarah Ware appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Richmond County, Georgia. Other members of the household included William Henry Harris, Sarah (?), Sarah W. Harris and Lewis Nicholas Harris.
- He was a planter, according to the 1850 census.
- He married Louise Frances Harrell, daughter of Arnett White Harrell and Hannah Louisa Strong, on 15 November 1858 in Washington County, Alabama, with W. A. Sampey, MG, officiating. And William's brother Nicholas married Fannie's sister Isabella Harrell.
- The following appeared on 13 March 1859 in the Augusta Daily Chronicle & Sentinel: State of Georgia, Richmond County.--
Whereas, William H. Harris and Lewis N. Harris, administrators on the estate of Sarah Harris, deceased, applies to me for Letters of Dismission:
These are, therefore, to cite and admonish, all and singular, the kindred and creditors of said deceased, to be and appear at my office on or before the first Monday October next, to show cause, if any they have, why said letters should not be granted.
Given under my hand and official signature at office in Augusta, this 12th March, 1859.
Foster Blodget, Jr., Ordinary. March 13, 1859.
- William Henry Harris and Louise Frances Harrell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Saint Stephens, Washington County, Alabama, enumerated next to Fannie's mother.. Other members of the household included Arnett Harris.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1850 census.
- William Henry Harris and Louise Frances Harrell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Washington County, Alabama. Other members of the household included William Henry Harris Jr., Sallie Harris, Peter Harris, Washington Harris and Crawford Harris.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1880 census.
- Last Edited: 24 May 2012