John Archer Elmore
b. 1 February 1856, d. 25 October 1915
- Father: Henry Marshall Elmore b. 28 January 1816, d. 17 January 1879
- Mother: Elizabeth Fitzpatrick b. 8 February 1816, d. 12 August 1859
- John Archer Elmore was born on 1 February 1856 in Texas.
- Henry Marshall Elmore appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Waverly, Walker (later San Jacinto) County, Texas. Other members of the household included John Archer Elmore, Joseph Fitzpatrick Elmore, Elizabeth Tabitha Elmore, Henry Marshall Elmore Jr., William Augustus Elmore, Phillip Ludlow Elmore and Phillips Fitzpatrick. Also in the household were merchant John A. Cain, high school professor W. W. James, James A. James, physician Robert E. Perrie, and merchant M. W. Platenburg.
- He married Lelia Rebecca Rugeley, daughter of Edward Salmon Rugeley and Mary Eliza Smith, on 28 December 1881, and Leila's uncle Henry Lowndes Rugeley married John's sister Elizabeth Tabetha Elmore.
- John Archer Elmore became a widower at the 22 February 1895 death of his wife Lelia Rebecca Rugeley.
- He married Rose Howell circa 1909.
- John Archer Elmore died on 25 October 1915 at age 59.
- Last Edited: 23 Feb 2010